• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The India and Pakistan combined ATG Thread : Open Voting

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
As tempted as I am to get in a batsman like Sehwag who is capable of taking the game away from the opposition (or at times India), he can be too much of a liability in oversees conditions against quality attacks. Anwar was much better in that regard.

Anwar and Sunny

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
I suppose we can move on now. What should we have as the next category? Number 3 or Fast bowlers? I would say fast bowlers, to be sure of Imran's role.

smash84

The Tiger King
you will then first have to define how you are picking the side?

Do you want to go with 3 fast bowlers , one spinner, and one all rounder?

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
1. Sunil Gavaskar.
2. Saeed Anwar.

I think Viru is a slightly better opener but would prefer a left-right combo at the top. So went with Anwar.

Xuhaib

International Coach
should go numerically at 6 you can give the option of a batsman or an all rounder and people can choose according to their preference.

smash84

The Tiger King
no, the all rounder needs to come in at 7, or we can have 2 all rounders. A SC 11 needs all the batting it can muster

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
Can't we have both Imran and Kapil in the team?

We can have Imran at six, wicket-keeper at seven with Kapil at eighth.

smash84

The Tiger King
Having Imran at 6 really depletes the batting.

It means that against another top class ATXI the pure batsmen are only up till number 5