• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Hundred

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty disappointing games today, all limited overs are only good if they're tight finishes.

Yes, the main reason behind this despite all the bells and whistles is to get it on terrestrial.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty disappointing games today, all limited overs are only good if they're tight finishes.

Yes, the main reason behind this despite all the bells and whistles is to get it on terrestrial.
You didn’t think it was a tight finish in Fire/Superchargers game? I thought it was bloody brilliant, even despite my disappointment at the result. And obviously my decision back in 2019 to support the superchargers was firmly whimsical but as the game went on I was on the edge of my bloody seat

Thumbs up from me so far tbh

Teja.

Global Moderator
Thing is (unfortunately or not, depends on your world view) a world in which a Tokyo Olympic opening ceremony composer is forced to resign because he bullied people as a child in the 90s, isn't going to look favourably on any perceived objectification of men, women or beasts. Incidentally that was a loose parallel with the composer, but I don't have any other environments in which I can express how ****ing stupid I think that situation is.
Tbf, bullying is underselling it. It was sadistic ***ual torture of a disabled kid with an audience watching. Hard to think of evil purer than that tbh.

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
You’d expect an 8 team franchise to have better quality than an 18 team T20 comp but it’s been a bit patchy from what I’ve seen.

The Manchester Originals side that was put out on Thursday was objectively worse than the Lancashire side for the blast, Buttler, 2 locals plus a bunch of journeyman. 5 of the Lancs T20 side playing for other franchises.

Appreciate this is somewhat a product of COVID and Katich’s terrible selections but

slippy888

International Captain
If you trying to get new viewers to watch cricket at least make the screen graphic score look understandable, why they change the score graphic for this 100 tournament it going to confuse new people to cricket i think.

Flem274*

123/5
Tbf, bullying is underselling it. It was sadistic ***ual torture of a disabled kid with an audience watching. Hard to think of evil purer than that tbh.
i knew i hadn't bothered with the olympics so far but i didn't realise just how little i knew

brb need to google wtf happened

PavlovsDog

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If you trying to get new viewers to watch cricket at least make the screen graphic score look understandable, why they change the score graphic for this 100 tournament it going to confuse new people to cricket i think.
If people are new, they won’t know any different, so there is no concept of change.

I think I’m used to the graphics now and am fine with them. Sure, they seemed a bit ‘in your face’ for the first game or two, but like anything you learn to adapt. Besides, I’m interested in the actual cricket, which has been superb, not the window dressing.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Has the cricket been superb? Admittedly haven't watched it all, but the pitches have been pretty disappointing for the most part. Making for some stodgy stuff, especially in the women's games.

The big showpiece men's game a washout today, too. Was supposed to be a BBC match.

And as we speak another 30/3 score, which I've been seeing a lot of. Spinners and cutters doing the job. Seems like a complete own goal to be producing pitches that are hard to score off in a format that's only reason for existing is to create entertaining matches for newcomers.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but the bits I've caught don't seem to have done the advertised job.

tony p

First Class Debutant
I have no issue with the Women having a 100 ball comp at all.

I do regret the fact that the ECB are ruining the entire fabric of the MEN'S cricket season for this, a very, very expensive gamble.
If it takes off, then either the BLAST or the 50 Over Comp must go, they can't all exist, counties can barely field teams as it is now.

As a fan of tradition, the ECB BETTER make the right decision.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Stokes keeping this match interesting by giving Hales the strike back, dropping him, then giving him a nice slower ball full toss.

The man understands the product.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Man the Superchargers are giving us fans a hard time this season.

Two brilliant games though