• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Great Man has called time.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Wag. I was there at the stadium when he played for CSK and was part of the BO-LIN-GER chants that were famous for a while. Good luck to the guy in anything he does from now on.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always a fan of tubby fast bowlers. Will never forget his clutch injury at Mohali in 2010 to lead us to one of our best ever wins.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Far better bowler than Peter Siddle
A pretty good case could be made that he should've had the opportunities that Siddle had as his Test and ODI records are pretty impressive (probably Oz's best bowler in the 2009/10 season).

Yet his Adelaide 2010/11 Ashes Test performance seemed to unofficially put him on the international blacklist in the eyes of the selectors and apart from a brief T20 return, he didn't play any more internationals beyond 2011.

Apparently his fitness levels in that Test were found wanting in that Adelaide Test but it seemed a harsh treatment for someone with his record.

Burgey

His fitness was down at the Adelaide test because he'd been in SA with his NSW franchise for a T20 tourney and picked up an injury and his rehab was really badly managed. When he came back to Australia he only had one Shield game before being recalled into the test side, then blew up completely and never played a test again.

He's a knob of the highest order, but the bloke could bowl. It's a shame he didn't play another test match.

Spikey

A pretty good case could be made that he should've had the opportunities that Siddle had as his Test and ODI records are pretty impressive (probably Oz's best bowler in the 2009/10 season).

Yet his Adelaide 2010/11 Ashes Test performance seemed to unofficially put him on the international blacklist in the eyes of the selectors and apart from a brief T20 return, he didn't play any more internationals beyond 2011.

Apparently his fitness levels in that Test were found wanting in that Adelaide Test but it seemed a harsh treatment for someone with his record.
And for the first test series afterwards, vs Sri Lanka, he was over-looked due to said fitness concerns...and then instead of being left in Australia to work on that, he was picked for the ODIs and T20s. How it all went down was farcical and then after that he was a bit of victim of bad luck. He was called into the squad during the 2013/14 Ashes but no-one had to miss, and who knows, he might have been picked for the home series in 2011/12 against NZ/India except he pinged a hamstring before it started, missed most of the season and Hilf got to make his comeback instead. His last season and a half in shield cricket wasn't great but his seasons from 2012/13 to 2015/16 were consistently quality. 25 odd wickets a season at an average of 25, no big hauls, just high quality.

anyway I believe Dougeh had a slightly unknown and underplayed role in the history of Australian cricket. I'm pretty pretty sure, but I could be misremembering, that the way Clarke used Johnson in the 2013/14 Ashes was basically based on how he was using Dougeh in shield cricket previous to that. 3-4 over spells and off you go unless you're on fire

flibbertyjibber

Surprised that that pic hasn't been posted. In fact disappointed in the CW masses for not having it on yet.

Kirkut

International Regular
He did generate serious pace in 2009 ODI tour of India, like Dirk Nannes he didn't look like a fast bowler but could bowl really fast.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I just remember him as one of the ones from that 2009-2013 period when the Aussies were selecting people like Michael Beer and Xavier Something-or-other. I have DVD packages of those three Ashes.