• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golden Duck & Diamond DuckThread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And on the flip side of that, Stuart Broad in Adelaide 2013..........when Mitchell Johnson broke the Barmy Army lol.

Can't find any you tube footage of it, but Broad (at the time he was public enemy No1 in Convict Land) came in and ****ed around with the sightscreen for ages and the crowd (I was there) were getting very restless. When Johnson finally did run in, the atmosphere was unbelievable........I can only imagine it would have been like that when Dennis Lillee was steaming in with the crowd baying for blood. When Johnson shattered Broads stumps the place erupted.
That was the middle of one of the crazier spells of fast bowling you'll see on a deck offering absolutely nothing. Broad dismissal at about 7:50 in.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Against that quality of bowling, Carberry actually looks pretty decent there compared to some of the blokes who've opened for England recently.

Burgey

Yeah was just thinking that when I was looking through that clip. JOhnson's sustained pace in that series is something I haven't really seen in ages. Carberry showed some real guts that series against some of the most hostile fast bowling I've seen across an entire series in years. He didn't get a big score iirc, but made some decent starts and was by no means the worst of England's batsmen that series. Shame he's had his health issues. I reckon he was a decent player and seems a terrific bloke with it.

vcs

That Johnson Adelaide spell is one of my most memorable cricket watching moments. So glad I found a dodgy stream just after the lunch break in that match. Ridiculous stuff.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I got it on a tv in a cricket store (funnily enough), the radio in the car and at home. Didn't have a clue what was was going on. Was completely mental.

SillyCowCorner1

I have never seen a crowd so loud after the fall of a wicket.

That Johnson to Broad dismissal was as loud as it can be.

Bijed

International Regular
King pair today for Nuwan Pradeep

Edit: 48 innings, 16 ducks, it turns out. That's some going

Last edited: