• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golden Duck & Diamond DuckThread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't know if there is a thread about this, but whatever.

Let's try and record those unfortunate batsmen who have perished to a first ball duck, and the most unfortunate, duck without facing a delivery.

Last night, Sunil Narine fell to a first ball duck. He got a beautiful ball from Jerome Taylor that rattled his off stick.

Last edited:

Bijed

International Regular
I guess you're talking about all first-class cricket, and this list is only tests, but here's all the diamond ducks

Seems about right that Chris Martin is the only one to appear twice

OverratedSanity

Sehwag's king pair can't be beat. Inept and somehow utterly predictable... You just knew it was happening when he got on strike.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
'This video contains content from Star Sports India, who have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds'

Well ****

Here's another that could be considered historically significant.
46 seconds in.

Last edited:

fredfertang

During my far from distinguished playing career I was dismissed for many golden ducks, and indeed did once manage gold, silver and bronze in successive innings. The biggest cheer I ever got was when I got off the mark in the next innings

Never managed a diamond duck though

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Sehwag's king pair can't be beat. Inept and somehow utterly predictable... You just knew it was happening when he got on strike.

Haha I came into the thread to mention that. You just knew that in the 2nd innings he wasn't lasting.

That series was kind of the beginning of the end for Sehwag wasn't it? I certainly don't remember him scaling the same ludicrous heights he hit between 2008 and 2010.

And on diamond ducks Katich got one in Adelaide in the 2010/11 Ashes didn't he?

Is it a diamond duck if you get stumped off a wide first ball?

Starfighter

Somebody made this (poor video quality) compilation. I din't even see the Katich one live but it didn't make it less painful.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
And on the flip side of that, Stuart Broad in Adelaide 2013..........when Mitchell Johnson broke the Barmy Army lol.

Can't find any you tube footage of it, but Broad (at the time he was public enemy No1 in Convict Land) came in and ****ed around with the sightscreen for ages and the crowd (I was there) were getting very restless. When Johnson finally did run in, the atmosphere was unbelievable........I can only imagine it would have been like that when Dennis Lillee was steaming in with the crowd baying for blood. When Johnson shattered Broads stumps the place erupted.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah that counts too, though off the top of my head I can't recall seeing this. Sure it must have happened a few times in ODIs though
Kohli did exactly this with the first ball he bowled in one of the limited overs formats (from memory it was in an ODI)

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Yeah that counts too, though off the top of my head I can't recall seeing this. Sure it must have happened a few times in ODIs though
Statsguru lists 5 innings (2 in ODIs, 3 in T20s) where the batsman was stumped having faced 0 deliveries.

SillyCowCorner1

The Golden Duck for today is brought to you by Imad Wasim, who fell to his international teammate Wahab. ..

#cpl17

Bijed

International Regular
Am I right in thinking that neither of Adam Gilchrist's golden ducks in his King Pair should have actually been given out?

SillyCowCorner1

Am I right in thinking that neither of Adam Gilchrist's golden ducks in his King Pair should have actually been given out?
I just checked the scorecard for that match...man that was the famous win for India after being asked to follow on.