• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The future of ICC sim league

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
As most of y'all know I'm a bit of a diehard for simming. Recently I cleaned up my computer and ended up somehow corrupting my ICC '13 editor program (Que Sera). So I was thinking in the event of a sim league revival I might shell out the 14GBP for CC '20 to start a new version of the sim league.

Was just wondering if any of the folks who were around for the sim league's heyday are keen so see the sim league make a comeback? If so, what might be a good concept to run with?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Teuton

International Captain
I would be keen for whatever idea.
Maybe playing off WC winning teams against each other. Or the ~10 best ever test teams in history. Or putting together our own T20 franchises via draft or auction.

ataraxia

International Coach
I would really like to draft test franchises and play them off against each other.

Like Teuton, I'm probably in for any idea.

Teuton

International Captain
Both are good. I think having some constraints is best. The WSC years sim league was very interesting to go so deep due to being limited to those 2 or 3 yrs only.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Both are good. I think having some constraints is best. The WSC years sim league was very interesting to go so deep due to being limited to those 2 or 3 yrs only.
Absolutely. Pitting teams with strengths + weaknesses generates some fun results.

Ideas..

- Battle of the WC winning teams, as suggested by Teuton
- ATG matchups, (eg 1980 West Indies vs 2001 Australia), as suggested by Teuton

- Perhaps even, classic CWC? We could re-do a retro contest like the 1992 WC, or 1975, or something.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a bit of a think about some more ideas last night. What with the current World Test Championship being, in my opinion, a bit of a let down, I was wondering how the idea of staging a retro World Test Championship might grab some people? 1995 world be a good year in my view, with a good number of teams potentially able to win.

Either that, or a retro World Cup is the way that I'm leaning. What do y'all think?