• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Endgame of Kohli

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
‘If you come at one of us, all eleven of us will come back at you.’

‘Give em hell for 60 overs, boys’

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If this series is turning out to be like 2014, then I see him resigning(sacked) by the end of this year like Dhoni.

A poor showing in WT20 will be the final nail in Coffin.
Dhoni is a thousand times more adored than Kohli. His downfall was painful but we loved him too much to go at him, for the most part.

If Kohli is on a terminal decline, he's going to cop it hard from all sides.

sunilz

International Regular
Dhoni is a thousand times more adored than Kohli. His downfall was painful but we loved him too much to go at him, for the most part.

If Kohli is on a terminal decline, he's going to cop it hard from all sides.
Atleast Dhoni won all the ICC trophies before resigning.
What will be the legacy of Kohli ? India's pace attack. ?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Honest question for Indian fans - why does Kohli insist on all the shooshing of the crowd, the rubbish with the trumpet this morning etc? I was watching the WTC final yesterday and he went out of his way to shoosh some part of the crowd early on in NZ's first innings while his team was celebrating. Then I read about this trumpet thing to the Barmy Army. Like he actually seems to prefer to do that than celebrate with the team mate who actually affected the dismissal. Is this as arrogant as it looks? What's the 'end game' of this? It's putrid. Makes him look selfish as ****, too.

Daemon

Agreed.

Kohli is a dumbass. He tries so hard to portray himself as someone who doesn’t listen to criticism when his actions clearly show that they’re the first ones he thinks of when something goes his way.

Even yesterday he said something like we block out all the noise when asked about selection.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, exactly how I felt about it. I don't want that to muddy the fact that he is a wonderful batsman and has done a lot for Indian cricket. But like you, I find it weird how much he seems to require extrinsic motivation to do what he does. I don't see that in Kane Williamson. I don't see it in Steve Smith. I don't see it in Joe Root. They score runs and do well for the joy it brings them, not to prove others wrong. The shoosh finger in sport is such a juvenile action, whether it's football, cricket, whatever. Celebrate a wicket because it means something to you and the team, not because it shuts up 'the haterz'.

sunilz

International Regular
One thing that I do love about him is the importance he places on Test cricket. I worry for the day when an Indian superstar captain starts putting Test cricket aside.
You are not worried now when Kohli has excuse for every loss in important knockout matches.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest question for Indian fans - why does Kohli insist on all the shooshing of the crowd, the rubbish with the trumpet this morning etc? I was watching the WTC final yesterday and he went out of his way to shoosh some part of the crowd early on in NZ's first innings while his team was celebrating. Then I read about this trumpet thing to the Barmy Army. Like he actually seems to prefer to do that than celebrate with the team mate who actually affected the dismissal. Is this as arrogant as it looks? What's the 'end game' of this? It's putrid. Makes him look selfish as ****, too.
I thought he was asking the Bharat Army to play the trumpet and asking them to make more noise saying he can't hear them. He is always cheering up the crowd. I fail to see how that part is arrogant. He was shooshing the crowd coz they were booing him and making the review signs to him. I know more mature players would let it go but it works for him. I honestly do not see any of that as being arrogant. He is extremely pig headed about his selections, yes and he is wrong as often as he is right, but I genuinely do not see him as arrogant individual. He loves a fight and he gets riled up easily but again, I do not think any of that means he is arrogant as a person. And whatever I know from people who have interacted with him, he is definitely not that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Agreed.

Kohli is a dumbass. He tries so hard to portray himself as someone who doesn’t listen to criticism when his actions clearly show that they’re the first ones he thinks of when something goes his way.

Even yesterday he said something like we block out all the noise when asked about selection.
I dont think he is a dumbass. I agree with the rest of the post but I do not see why any of that would mean what SteveNZ posted would be true. To me, it proves it is the opposite.

Daemon

I dont think he is a dumbass. I agree with the rest of the post but I do not see why any of that would mean what SteveNZ posted would be true. To me, it proves it is the opposite.
Those actions don't mean he's arrogant, I agree. But the opposite? How does doing all that mean he's being humble. At best they make him look childish.

He's arrogant when he outright dismisses any and all criticism of his batting, strategy and selections. I don't think he should be listening to every single idiot out there but he can't brush aside legitimate criticism all the time which he does no matter who says it, be it experts, ex players, commentators, journos, random fans.

srbhkshk

International Captain
In general I would always want Ashwin in the side.

That said, who to drop for him is a rather hard problem to solve for the team management -

Bumrah - No.
Siraj - You will after the match, but that's hindsight thinking, he's been good for india for a fair amount of time now and dropping a youngster on a bad match or two is questionable tstl.
Shardul - pre match he might have been the most obvious - but Virat was proven right in selecting him.
Yadav - maaaybe, but he did not do bad in the game and had some important wickets.
Jadeja - He is really playing as a batting all-rounder here, hard to say again.
Rahane - Actually seems like the one guy who could be dropped, but that's just wishful thinking and makes no sense in terms of team balance.

We do really have a problem of plenty going on in the bowling department right now, I still want Ashwin to play but **** me it'd be a torturous decision to make.