• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW50 - No.30-21

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I feel bad about putting Chappell at 50, probably an error, but it's a difficult task

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had Chappell at 10, Ponting at 16 and Wasim at 20. Can't believe how underrated Chappell is; just look what he did to possibly the greatest bowling attack of all time! Chappell and Ponting, both victims to a lot of exaggeration for their contemporaries.
I'd include Ken Barrington in that list- comparatively not as good as either of those listed but his record deserves some respect whereas he's a completely forgotten man.

I gave him a token vote but I think I was the only one :p.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Glad everyone is enjoying it. :)

Just a quick note, I may not be able to get 20-11 done tonight but I'll give it my best shot. If it turns out that I'm not able to punch it out then you have my apologies in advance and a guarantee that I'll get it up (yes, yes :naughty:) over the weekend.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Had Chappell at 10, Ponting at 16 and Wasim at 20. Can't believe how underrated Chappell is; just look what he did to possibly the greatest bowling attack of all time! Chappell and Ponting, both victims to a lot of exaggeration for their contemporaries.
Haha, can't believe you have Ponting so much lower down than I do.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I'd include Ken Barrington in that list- comparatively not as good as either of those listed but his record deserves some respect whereas he's a completely forgotten man.

I gave him a token vote but I think I was the only one :p.
Getting the feeling I was the only one to vote for Frank Worrell :(

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Just a quick note, I may not be able to get 20-11 done tonight but I'll give it my best shot. If it turns out that I'm not able to punch it out then you have my apologies in advance and a guarantee that I'll get it up (yes, yes :naughty:) over the weekend.
This was an utter lie as it turns out. It is done, and will be up in a moment.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, can't believe you have Ponting so much lower down than I do.
Well, that's probably because you have his batting contemporaries higher. For me, Ponting is the highest placed of all those when you factor in his all-time batting, all-time fielding and record breaking captaincy. I think by the time he retires I'll feel more than comfortable putting him higher up.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Well, that's probably because you have his batting contemporaries higher. For me, Ponting is the highest placed of all those when you factor in his all-time batting, all-time fielding and record breaking captaincy. I think by the time he retires I'll feel more than comfortable putting him higher up.
Nah, as far as I remember, I only have Tendulkar (and obviously, Bradman) higher. And SRT and RTP were within 2 spots of each other. I can't agree with the list in that it implies that if Bradman didn't exist, the best Australian batsman of the post war era wouldn't even make the top 20.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Well, it's debatable if he is the best. And between him and Bradman, I have Gilchrist, Warne, Lillee, McGrath and Chappell ahead of him. Then again, there are players from other countries to consider also ;). As aforesaid, I'll probably rate him higher once he retires and I can look at his career in whole.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Oh sorry, I left out Miller. I said before I have Miller at 7 and Ponting at 16.