• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Curse Of The Bowlers

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Bulbeck - serious back injury
Caddick - prolapsed disc
Johnson - groin/England
Francis - 'serious' side strain
Laraman - toe

That leaves us with Nixon McLean, who seems to be doing very well (touch wood!) and.....Steffan Jones who seems to have gone of the boil. Great. I can really see us getting promotion with that attack:( :( There is surely a curse on the Somerset bowling attack....this wasn't supposed to happen for a second season!:( :(

jf2001

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bowling Curse

I have to say that though I am not exactly a huge fan of the Somerset management, I don't agree that they are to blame for the injury crisis. About the only thing.....
Taunton is a pitch that requires bowlers to put their back in and it wears out backs, lega, armpits and teth very quickly. It has been suggested that perhaps some bowlers haven't stretched properly which is the fault of the coaches. If a bowler doesn't stretch properly and injures himself (I've done it many times and its the dumbest thing) then thats down to him.

I just think we've been very unlucky and as a result will strugle to get promoted if the Glamorgan game is anything to go by. We have gone downhill for the last four CC games (little fightback vs Gloucs) and we now have a bowling attack with Mike Burns some where near the top!

I am just waiting for Mr McLean to keel over from the weight of expectation as much as the distinct possibility of injury through his history and the amount hes expected to get thru!

oh, happy days :P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
On a side issue, well done to Nixon Alexei MacNamara for carrying the entire bowling attack this year, and making a good job of it despite a lot of scepticism from the Somerset fans (which I am happy to retract my share of).