• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Current CWBCC

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just fire them away here. I'd just like to gauge how everyone is thinking. Should the CWBCC be re-elected? etc. etc.

Keep in mind that this is not a place for comments regarding me, Mr Mxyzptlk, or Reuben, but the CWBCC collectively.

I encourage as many CW cricketers as possible to post.

David

International 12th Man
Personally I feel it should be made clear exactly how everything is run atm, because I'm sure not everyone knows. Without that knowledge it may be hard to construct an opinion on what should/shouldn't be done.

Especially for newer players or old players like myself who were inactive during some seasons.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think the board do an excellent job :) and hope they will continue to do so for many seasons to come.

(i think i said something similar in the other thread)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
David said:
Personally I feel it should be made clear exactly how everything is run atm, because I'm sure not everyone knows. Without that knowledge it may be hard to construct an opinion on what should/shouldn't be done.

Especially for newer players or old players like myself who were inactive during some seasons.
The thing that I fear about total transparency of CWBCC dealings this season is that certain interactions with players may be revealed, which won't harm me or my reputation, but certainly aren't appropriate to be aired to the public unless absolutely necessary.

NikhilN

International Regular
I find the board to be doing a great job and dont think it needs to be re-elected

Last edited:

David

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The thing that I fear about total transparency of CWBCC dealings this season is that certain interactions with players may be revealed, which won't harm me or my reputation, but certainly aren't appropriate to be aired to the public unless absolutely necessary.
Fair enough, I'm not asking you to reveal anything like that.. How bout a general thing, what do the board members do, the players rep etc etc, what are the duties and responsibilities of everyone? If possible just to let people know..
I did spy a details thread stickied which probably answers these questions, so I'll check there..

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
So the Board is Liam and Reuben

The selection panel is Liam, Reuben, Hakon, Andre, Master Blaster...right?

David

International 12th Man
On a personal note, I'm quite happy at the moment with how things procede, to be honest I just like to see how I went in the games.
Of course that said I don't really pay too much attention to what else is going on around me, and I also now get games regularly. I know that there were a few selection mishaps, but I never found out/bothered to find out what they were about, I'll try to take a more active role in the Red's and the CWXI from now on though..

masterblaster

International Captain
I've been removed from the selection panel a while back. It was a mutual decision as I decided to focus more on being a player and my outside commitments ensured I didn't have enough time and resources to give my selectorial views to the board.

On topic, the board has done a wonderful job without a doubt, and things couldn't run better really. The rebel tour helped the CWBCC become a much better organisation and the support that the board gives to it's players is fantastic.

Currently, there is no reason to change the way the board works, as it works very well.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the board is doing a great job, my only critisism is that they should listen to the players a little more, and take their opinions on board.

Andre

International Regular
I agree on the whole the board does an excellent job.

However, things need to be transparent for all so we all know what is going on, and the players need to be listened to. I also think that we need one or two elected board members so the people can have a say in how things are run. It's all well and good to have a thread asking if people are happy with Liam and Reuben - I can't see a lot of people standing up and arguing for fear of upsetting the status quo so to speak.

I do believe that if we have 1, 2 or even 3 democratically elected board members the system will be far better off and a wider range of voices and views will be heard.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
agree with Andre. People are too scared to stand up against them...

Use my case as an example, for people Liam... I don't mind as I feel like I have done little wrong doing.

Things have to be more widespread. Currently we have 4 teams each with about 16-17 players which makes about 70 people and 2 people are making the major decisions. Few problems like the ones we're experiencing arise in WCC and that's beceause the ratio is about 6:1.

I propose that 2 or 3 democratically elected board members are put in place for each season. That way if problems occur then there's no reason for people to get upset...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Andre said:
I agree on the whole the board does an excellent job.

However, things need to be transparent for all so we all know what is going on, and the players need to be listened to. I also think that we need one or two elected board members so the people can have a say in how things are run. It's all well and good to have a thread asking if people are happy with Liam and Reuben - I can't see a lot of people standing up and arguing for fear of upsetting the status quo so to speak.

I do believe that if we have 1, 2 or even 3 democratically elected board members the system will be far better off and a wider range of voices and views will be heard.
I can agree with the extra members - as I said somewhere before, looking at the votes of confidence there were earlier on in one of the CW XI forums, I thought they were elected in the first place! I think two elected members would be fine.

I'm not too sue on trasparency, though - I think they have the right to discuss future events secretly, otherwise we'd end up with every issue becoming a public debate and every issue going to a vote, defeating the purpose of having the board in the first place.

Yasa

Cricket Spectator
I think the boards doing a great job, they have put so much hard work into this they deserve to be re-elected