• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The curious case of Mohammad Abbas

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've no doubt Abbas will do well in SA. Australia is the only place he might find it tough.

Bolo

State Captain
It's more that playing in SA might say a lot about his style. It's constantly pointed out that he's taken these wickets on the dead UAE pitches, so therefore it follows that he should do better on bowling friendly SA pitches. However it's possible that this may not turn out to be the case, and perhaps his bowling style is simply suited to the UAE or it's 'one of those things' the same way that Anderson averages 21 in the UAE and 40 in SA.
Ya, he needs more series everywhere. Not much of a sample at this point.

More relevantly, McGrath averages unusually high in SA also.
I figured this was just because RSA bats were more adept vs bounce (which Mcgrath could get irrespective of the surface) and pace in general. Interestingly though there were a few bowlers from RSA and AUS in his time who did better in AUS than RSA

OverratedSanity

It's a little overplayed how flat UAE pitches are these days tbh. There's enough there for good bowlers, unlike back in 2010 or so when they had highways almost every game.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
If there's one fast bowler I can see similarities with it's Ambrose (minus the height). Excited. Only saw glimpses of him bowling due to timezone, but hopefully this will rectified come the SA series.

Does he remind anyone of other great's?

trundler

The only true great I've seen is Steyn who's notably different. How do people think he compares to Hadlee in style? Channel bowling + swing both ways.

OverratedSanity

Everything from his action to the way he used the wobbly seam to pin Cook lbw in England reminds me of Asif. Swings it a tad more though.

As long as he stays away from Cocaine and the bookies, he's going to be good.