• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricket Web Podcast #37

Bijed

International Regular
Quincy already posted a link in the 'Future of the CW Podcast' thread, but they always had their own threads before, so here's the thread for podcast #37!

For logistical reasons, this one's hosted on Podbean rather than Soundcloud: https://cricketwebpodcast.podbean.com/

It's only a very short one, essentially just to test that we can successfully record a podcast and unfortunately, after finishing we found that there's a lot of crackling on the recording and it's randomly sped up in (quite a lot of) places, so we've got some sorting out to do there, but apart from that, IT'S BACK!!!

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got it to work.

I hope you guys figure out the technical bits soon. Gave it a follow.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bijed, could you change your avatar please - there's nothing wrong with it, but having heard your accent it just seems wrong

Bijed

International Regular
I don't know if it people will just need a different app anyway to listen on their phones (just requesting a desktop site help), but I've set up a new soundcloud account so we've effectively got a few more podcasts worth of free storage. Link here

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Podbean podcasts are usually available on pretty much every other Podcast app (speaking of Android here)

Not sure about 'we're exclusive iTunes'

Starfighter

I like the higher than natural speed. I find that I can process things a lot quicker than people can say them (hence I watch more talky youtube videos on 1.25 or 1.5x speed). Hopefully you guys can sort the crackling out.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We had people at work actually slowing down their recordings of online lectures to make them appear longer haha.

stephen

I like to manually download my mp3s and listen to them offline in a player of my choosing. I can't find a download link on the soundcloud site either.

stephen

Nah it makes me download the app. It's all good, I'll stream it on my way to work from the website. I don't normally do that but for such a high quality podcast I will make an exception.