• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The costliest drops and misfields of all time

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Something I've never seen done before

I'll get us rolling

Warne dropping Pietersen on 15 at the oval in 2005. A dolly that would probably have turned the game

viriya

International Captain
Kulasekara dropped 2 world cups.

Gambhir in the 2011 ODI WC final
Samuels in the 2012 T20I WC final

Both at long-off.

:down:

viriya

International Captain
Kulasekara dropped 2 world cups.

Gambhir in the 2011 ODI WC final
Samuels in the 2012 T20I WC final

Both at long-off.

:down:
Gambhir was at 30 and went on to make a match-winning 97. Ind woulda been 68/3 in the 14th over..
Samuels was at 20 and went on to make a match-winning 78. WI woulda been 33/3 in the 11th over of a T20I..

Gambhir drop costing the WC is arguable, Samuels drop is undeniable since he single-handedly won WI the game.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Courtney Browne dropping Steve Waugh at Sabina Park in 1995 was a classic. Such an important drop given Steve Waugh would go on and make 200 in such a tight situation for both the game and series.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KW being dropped from a top edged hookshot vs. SL when he and Watling scored that world record 6th wicket stand is worth a mention.. Would have been curtains had KW been dismissed at that point...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Speaking of McCullum, his dropping of Dravid in the '03 WC game was one of the most *** annoying at the time... India were only chasing around 150 IIRC, but if could have been 22-4 when Dravid was put down with a regulation edge to the keeper.