• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The classic ashes series on ICC 2015 is the same old ****

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do we really need to replay the '81 and '05 ashes again?

Give us something from the 90s!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

Replaying the 1997 Ashes from the 2nd Test, with the form lines as they would have been (although Taylor just got a ton in the second innings) would be interesting.

mr_mister

yeah i was thinking 97 and 94/95, whichever had hick's 98* and warnies hattrick. 2 interesting series. I also have a soft spot for 98/99 as it was the first I watched. But this has '53, '81, and 4 from 05 onwards including 05. I found a lot of the recent ones rather forgettable so yeah, yawn @ these choices

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
So what series do they have?

I think they were advertising it as six series in total?

And how do the classic player leagues look ? A good variety of players?

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
THank you for that answer

yeah i was thinking 97 and 94/95, whichever had hick's 98* and warnies hattrick. 2 interesting series. I also have a soft spot for 98/99 as it was the first I watched. But this has '53, '81, and 4 from 05 onwards including 05. I found a lot of the recent ones rather forgettable so yeah, yawn @ these choices

That's all the series they've had in previous versions of the game. A shame - You don't need four series POST 2005!

hallmitchell

School Boy/Girl Captain
A good spread would be - 1933 Bodyline, 1953, 1974/75, 1981, 82/83 and 1989. Ashes series in the Nineties sucked - all Australia.

mr_mister

yeah but they had a nice pool of players to choose from. I could get a 97 England team to beat the Aussies I reckon (in the game)

and I thought you could only play one of series for classic players, not leagues. But yeah a massive selection. The only player I'm surprised didn't make the cut for the Aussies so far was Slater, specially because Blewett made it ha