• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The British Politics Thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So apparently the centralised tracing app has now been abandoned lol. Good news ultimately, but another rather embarrassing flip-flop from the Govt.

Lillian Thomson

International Coach
I have a grudging admiration for Nicola Sturgeon. Their "plan" is a load of arbitrary BS that most likely achieves very little. But she does at least make it sound as though it's based on something by talking with a touch of authority in her voice. Or it might just be that Boris Johnson is such a prick he makes everyone else look good.

wpdavid

International Coach
Jesus ****. This is the man we nearly had running the country.

His media handlers must be swallowing hemlock.
When Johnson was on a ventilator there was some pretty unpleasant stuff floating around about how if Labour had won the election and Corbyn was in hospital then we'd have Abbott running the country. And we were all supposed to be horrified or laugh at the prospect. Whereas Raab's towering intellect and all round capabilities make him such a reassuring figure, even before today's faux pas.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
When Johnson was on a ventilator there was some pretty unpleasant stuff floating around about how if Labour had won the election and Corbyn was in hospital then we'd have Abbott running the country. And we were all supposed to be horrified or laugh at the prospect. Whereas Raab's towering intellect and all round capabilities make him such a reassuring figure, even before today's faux pas.
Abbott for some reason seems to be a figure of fun for that gaffe on the radio, yet numerous Tories who have made similar gaffes get away with it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Raab certainly seems to be an intelligent, widely-read and deeply informed fella.
I think It's pretty clear that white privileged guys are the best people to inform, the "others" how to protest racism, after all it's people like him that caused it, so he really is a man with supreme knowledge of it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think It's pretty clear that white privileged guys are the best people to inform, the "others" how to protest racism, after all it's people like him that caused it, so he really is a man with supreme knowledge of it.
As a man of Jewish descent I don't believe he qualifies for white privilege, I suppose it depends who you ask though as certainly many well balanced and rational folk like Chris Williamson would tell you that enhances his level of privilege.

Spark

Global Moderator
As a man of Jewish descent I don't believe he qualifies for white privilege, I suppose it depends who you ask though as certainly many well balanced and rational folk like Chris Williamson would tell you that enhances his level of privilege.
Hooooo boy believe me this is a rabbit hole you do not want to go down on Twitter, it goes to Bad Places fast