• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Black Thread

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
YEAH! Good team effort today, it has to be said. Contributions all round.

Thought I'd take this opportunity to thank Goughy for all his hard work at Team Black. Hope to see him back in action one day.

Cloete

International Captain
Sad to see you go Goughy. You were a major reason we were able to win the OD title last year!

In other news, some better results lately from the lads. Everyone seems to be contributing well with bat and ball. Should easily turn this around and win the FC and OD titles.

Bit devo about being dropped to 5 in the OD's ruining the partnership I had with Stedders and Chork, but we've got a gun team anyways. Borcich will be taking my FC batting position shortly, if he can fight off the challenge from Richards.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Reckon Smitten will change you back when he's in charge, but it seems to have worked well for us so far from a team perspective. :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok, been wanting to ask this for a while. Haven't checked up as much as I should have, but am I injured/ suspened/ dead, coz I don't think I'm in grade cricket either? Wasn't expecting FC call up or anything coz we're da bomb (as you young people say), but had hoped to get a grade game. Maybe I have, but I've missed it. If so, apologies.

I don't want to be rude, but I thought a short obit in Wisden might have been nice :(

Last edited:

Simon

Ok, been wanting to ask this for a while. Haven't checked up as much as I should have, but am I injured/ suspened/ dead, coz I don't think I'm in grade cricket either? Wasn't expecting FC call up or anything coz we're da bomb (as you young people say), but had hoped to get a grade game. Maybe I have, but I've missed it. If so, apologies.

I don't want to be rude, but I thought a short obit in Wisden might have been nice :(
Smith didnt nominate you as one of the team's grade players, I believe he only nominated 8 players (maximum of 9 from a dev league team) so if Nath or Smith when he comes back want to add you then that can be done.

Burgey

Ah, is all good mate. Just wasn't sure how it was all working so thought I'd make my emotional plea.

Kudos on running it all again too btw. Cheers.