• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best World Cup

The best worldcup?

• Total voters

Noman Shaikh

Cricket Spectator
I have only seen the whole WC 99 and 2003. 99 was the best so far, great drama in the Super-Sixes, a hot semi-final. But damn the final sucked.

2003 was alright, but it was the rain and England/Newzealand boycotting their matches that killed it to some extent. And both the semi-finals and finals were kind of one-sided. Many good teams could not make it to the super-sixes, SA, Pak, Eng.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
Which game? Our high school rather kindly gave us the option of going to the game (NZ v India) for the day - which was nice.
So you lived in Dunedin at the time?

I went to the NZ - England game at the Basin. Crowe and Jones both scored 50s and we won at a canter, which was doubly satisfying as they'd just spanked us on their tour here. We were also treated to the rare sight of Jones bowling his offspin - I think he took 2 wickets.

Interesting you should mention your high school letting you have the day off. Mine did that too, but only for people that played for the school. I wonder if they still do that?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
mundaneyogi said:
So you lived in Dunedin at the time?

I went to the NZ - England game at the Basin. Crowe and Jones both scored 50s and we won at a canter, which was doubly satisfying as they'd just spanked us on their tour here. We were also treated to the rare sight of Jones bowling his offspin - I think he took 2 wickets.

Interesting you should mention your high school letting you have the day off. Mine did that too, but only for people that played for the school. I wonder if they still do that?
I remember guys at the game who didn't played cricket, so they must have let the whole school off. Yeah, I was in Dunedin. School teams were allowed off the next year to go and watch NZ v Aus - the match where Wilson got spanked on debut and the only thing we had to cheer about was Watson and Morrison smacking the spinners around at the end of a futile run chase.