• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Team from the Group Stage

SuperMurali

School Boy/Girl Captain
flip of a coin between Shami and Southee. maybe Shami, but the team isn't losing anything if Timmy is selected instead

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not like taylor and rahim have had bad world cups either.
Sarfraz
McCullum
Sanga
de Villiers
Taylor
Dhoni
Rahim

That's a pretty strong batting lineup, though it means AB, Taylor and Dhoni might have to bowl a bit.

Actually if you take Sarfraz away and make Sanga open, then you can add 5 bowlers. W1n.

viriya

International Captain
Can you please explain how you've come to this conclusion?
Consistently good bowling. Southee probably had the best performance of the WC so far, but aside from that game he has been pretty average. Overall as a bowler, Southee > Shami of course, but if you're just going by the group stage performances, Shami has almost singlehandedly made India cakewalk into the quarters - he might actually be the most important player in the Indian team right now. If he gets injured now, I see opposing teams racking up 325+ easily.

Southee has bowled well and he might've been unlucky, but Boult has been the clear consistent threat imo. Didn't see that coming (I wanted Mills over Boult before the WC started), but he has been a revelation.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Consistently good bowling. Southee probably had the best performance of the WC so far, but aside from that game he has been pretty average. Overall as a bowler, Southee > Shami of course, but if you're just going by the group stage performances, Shami has almost singlehandedly made India cakewalk into the quarters - he might actually be the most important player in the Indian team right now.
Haha he's bowled all right but this is a ludicrous assessment.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Sarfraz
McCullum
Sanga
de Villiers
Taylor
Dhoni
Rahim

That's a pretty strong batting lineup, though it means AB, Taylor and Dhoni might have to bowl a bit.

Actually if you take Sarfraz away and make Sanga open, then you can add 5 bowlers. W1n.
Personally would have Dilshan instead of Safraz, better form, better fielder and can bowl too..

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Now that group stage is over, I'll update my 15.

Starting XI
S Dhawan (IND)
T Dilshan (SL)
K Sangakkara (SL) [WK]
Brendan Taylor (ZIM) [VC]
AB De Villiers (SA) [C]
Mahmudullah (BAN)
D Vettori (NZ)
T Southee (NZ)
M Starc (AUS)
M Shami (IND)
T Boult (NZ)

Bench: Misbah Ul-Haq (PAK), S Williams (ZIM), R Ashwin (IND), M Morkel (SA)

My earlier Squad:
I would go with 15 player squad.

Starting XI
S Dhawan (IND)
T Dilshan (SL)
K Sangakkara (SL) [WK]
Mahmudullah (BAN) [VC]
AB De Villiers (SA) [C]
S Anwar (UAE)
R Ashwin (IND)
D Vettori (NZ)
T Southee (NZ)
M Starc (AUS)
T Boult (NZ)

Bench: H Amla (SA), Misbah Ul-Haq (PAK), M Morkel (SA), J Davey (SCO)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Who is Baz? Why don't you guys use real names? Els I cn strt typng lyke dis

EDIT: damn the autocorrect

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
1. Dilshan
2. McCullum*
3. Sangakkara+
4. ABdV
5. Taylor
6. Mahmudullah
7. Anderson
8. Vettori
9. Starc
10. Southee
11. Boult

h8ers can suck it

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Team Blue (Ind/SL/Eng/Afg/Sco) vs Team Green (SA/Pak/Ban/Ire) vs The Rest (Aus/NZ/WI/Zim/UAE)

Go go go

Blue the weakest IMO.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Team Blue (Ind/SL/Eng/Afg) vs Team Green (SA/Pak/Ban/Ire) vs The Rest (Aus/NZ/WI/Zim/Sco/UAE)
Scotland should be in Blue, surely?

#BleedBlue XI
[HR][/HR]
#BleedGreen XI[HR][/HR]#UnicornBlood XI
[HR][/HR]

1. Dhawan
  2. Dilshan [6]
  3. Sangakkara +
  4. Kohli
  5. Root [8]
  6. Mathews [5] *
  7. Raina [7]