• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best of these 90s keeper-bats - Jacobs, Parore, Mongia, Moin

The best?

• Ridley Jacobs

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Adam Parore

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Nayan Mongia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moin Khan

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
"When some big Kiwi prick, gets a 4 from a snick, that's Parore. When the whole team says "****, what about this bloke's luck" that's Parore."

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jacobs for me, scored an awful lot of valuable runs in his time in the side. Seemed to score when they needed it most too.

_Ed_

Parore the best gloveman of these IMO. Maybe Jacobs the best bat? Tough call.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ridley Jacobs is the only wicketkeeper I can ever recall not appealing for what was clearly a clean catch from a big outside edge - no other bugger on the West Indies team appealed either so the batter just carried on - rather frustrated I can't remember who it was now

harsh.ag

People really think Jacob's superior batting adequately made up for Parore's superior keeping?

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Parore's superior keeping? If anything I think Jacobs was better there, even if there's not much between the four of them as overall packages. Jacobs shades it as the best of a mediocre lot.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I must have missed the Jacobs being good memo. Moin Khan was the best to me, followed by Parore and then Jacobs.

mr_mister

Jacobs played a few damn good lone wolf knocks against an Amazing Australian bowling attack

49* out of like 100 against Australia at the 1999 WC

96* out of like 200 against Australia at the WACA in 2000 in a test. West Indies had been romped in the first test for 80 and 120 and were like 5 for 20 in the second when Jacobs played a very impressive knock, even if it was ultimately futile

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Jacobs played a few damn good lone wolf knocks against an Amazing Australian bowling attack

96* out of like 200 against Australia at the Gabba in 2000 in a test
His fifty in the first innings of the Lara 153 game was great too. Him and Sherwin Campbell had one of the all time great forgotten partnerships.

harsh.ag

96* out of like 200 against Australia at the WACA in 2000 in a test. West Indies had been romped in the first test for 80 and 120 and were like 5 for 20 in the second when Jacobs played a very impressive knock, even if it was ultimately futile
Yeah I remember this. Solid innings.

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Plus, he took a record 7 catches in an innings once. Parore never came close to doing so.

SeamUp

International Coach
Parore for tests. Loved his compactness.

Moin for ODIs.
This for me too.

Although Ridley Jacobs was probably the best over both formats as a package.

Such an odd question put but such a tough but interesting selection. Anybody could choose anybody as their pick. :D

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Moin Khan as the complete keeper/bat of the decade, across formats. He was a hard hitting, lower order run getter in ODIs and a competent bat. On top of all that, he was, at his best, the most athletic keeper of the lot.

Jacobs is a solid second, I can see why some voted for him.

Parore comes in 3rd with Monga honestly a distant 4th.