• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best batsman and bowler of the 1990s

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tendulkar and Donald for mine. The latter was the only one who ever came close to getting the better of the former.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Test or ODI?

Test
Best Batsman: Brian Lara
Best Bowler: Curtly Ambrose

ODI
Best Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar
Best Bowler: Wasim Akram

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Best Bowler of the 90s is Wasim Akram
Best Batsman of the 90s is Sachin Tendulkar.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Bowler:
My all time favourite bowler,
The Wizard in OZ:
CEL Ambrose
Batsmen:
SR Waugh Lara and SRT all good in the 90's

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
it's funny how ponting isn't even considered. Crazy they compare him to lara and sachin because of his 2000 onwards exploits.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Donald's record against the aussies really ask some questions, he avg isn't nearly as good against them as his overall avg. To put donald above ambrose is unfair, donald proved he wasn't better by doing so poorly against the best batting line up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I too am actually quite surprised as to how many people have put Donald as the better bowler tham Ambrose in the 90s.

Not saying its wrong, but interesting.

Riggins

International Captain
it's funny how ponting isn't even considered. Crazy they compare him to lara and sachin because of his 2000 onwards exploits.
ponting only scored 6 hundreds in the 90's at ~44, probably a bit of a stretch to put him as one of the best in the decade, especially comparing to tendulkar (22 hundreds, ave 58) and others who performances were much stronger and for longer periods.