• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The balls of the century

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeeez.. so so defensive. I didn't say it was the only thing he will be remembered for, did I? ?
No need to get worked up. I'm sure I possibly misinterpreted what you meant to say but it just seemed like a very strange thing to say

Like saying "Tendulkar will always be known as Cameron White's first Test wicket". Pretty sure there's other things he'll be remembered for more than that.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Like saying "Tendulkar will always be known as Cameron White's first Test wicket". Pretty sure there's other things he'll be remembered for more than that.
Not at all. Tendulkar being a debutant bowler's first wicket is definitely one of the things I remember about him. Take your own advice. :)

Kirkut

International Regular
Tbf it’s more like Ishant Sharma will forever be remembered for bowling that spell to Ponting than the other way round

Will also forever remember him bouncing England out at Lords lmao
Ishant now hates talking about that spell it seems. When asked about that spell in interviews he tries to change the question by talking of his domestic cricket spells which he rates superior to his Perth spell.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ishant now hates talking about that spell it seems. When asked about that spell in interviews he tries to change the question by talking of his domestic cricket spells which he rates superior to his Perth spell.
Not very flattering to Ponting, is it? :laugh: TJB to rage post in 3.......2..............

Kirkut

International Regular
Not very flattering to Ponting, is it? :laugh: TJB to rage post in 3.......2..............
I don't think Ponting rates Ishant high. Being an attacking batsman he loves to come on front foot early which is where bowlers like Morne Morkel can trouble him with steep bounce just outside off stump.

Ponting rates Akhtar quite high, which is strange since he's always scored runs against him. In fact I would rate him to be the batsman who played Shoaib Akhtar the best.

vcs

Langer and Gilly were better IMO, though Gilly famously got yorked once or twice.

OverratedSanity

There's a bit of biomechanical detail for what follows next from Shoaib - a tighter locking of the wrist, a slightly changed arm position - that is difficult to understand without being shown it. But the crux is that he wanted to go even quicker, to find another litre of blood to pour into this, to put even more jaan - life - into it.
Last ball of the over, bingo. The line is better. Gilchrist's bat comes down from gully but the ball's delivered in BC and his bat's down in AD, that's how late he is. It hits leg stump on the full, bending as much with the angle as with reverse - so quick, it's tempting to conclude, it's not in the air long enough to reverse.
Pace: 89.2mph. Slower than the ball he was trying to be faster than and 10mph slower than it looks and feels. Let's keep that between us boomers, though.
Speedguns suck sometimes. Genuinely looked and felt like a 100mph delivery.