• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The balls of the century

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Still ****s me we allowed Pakistan to wriggle out of that situation and win that match.
"Allowed" lol.
I thought Kaneria was the one who killed us that game?
Kaneria barely bowled. Basically, following the 0/3:

1. We went 39/6
2. Kakmal incredible century
3. Asif's coming out party. People don't give Shoaib enough credit in this match. Half of Asif's wickets were thanks to Akhter.
4. We bat and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, makes a 50, and we amass 500+. Terrible bowling display
5. Asif show again.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine taking a first over hatrick and and you still lose by 341 runs

I'd retire right then and there

Kirkut

International Regular
Off the top of my head, the below should be on the list

Steyn to Pujara at Capetown 2010
Steyn to Clarke at Perth 2012
Murali to Ramesh at Colombo 2001
Murali to Dhoni at Delhi 2005 (doosra which spun like a nasty leg break)
Johnson to Faf at Centurion 2014 (one of the most vicious lifters off a slightly short of length delivery I've ever seen)
Harris to Cook at Perth 2013 ashes

I think broad and bresnan bowled VVS/Dravid with a couple of ridiculous deliveries which pitched middle and hit top of off in the 2011 series, not able to find those on Youtube tho

Copyright party poopers have taken down Johnson's bowling footage from SA 2014. That ball to Faf would have even got Gavaskar out.

Kirkut

International Regular
Since there is no discussion on the ball to Mike Gatting from Warne. This thread feels like a consolation prize to all the disgruntled balls of centuries.

Kirkut

International Regular
Kuldeep Shukla to Babar Azam in World Cup was a top ball too, but maybe not a ball of the century.