• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The balls of the century

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo probably saw how Stephen was taking **** on them with India bias accusation after Bumrah slower ball featured. They inserted this one to make that accusation implausible.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Didn't watch that passage of play but one ball doesn't capture the context of the spell, think Ishant to Ponting for example.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Read the description of the passage of play in the article. Can't see anything remotely comparable to Ishant/Ponting affair.

Kirkut

International Regular
It amazes me how well the Indian team played Warne, yes they were good players of spin but so were Sri Lanka and Pakistan, yet they did struggle against him. West Indies is another country after India which neutralized the Warne threat whenever they played Australia.

ImpatientLime

International Regular

as an 18 year old who was only used to watching england not just get beaten, but humiliated and trodden into the dirt by australia this felt seismic.

watching their best batsman having to use every ounce of his will and skill to see out the over and ultimately be undone by a brute of a final delivery.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah Ponting seemed to have a type, didn't he? Tall bowler who can bring the ball in from a hard length and get disconcerting bounce. Funny how Ponting will forever be remembered for being the batsman at the other end for this over and THAT spell by Ishant.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It amazes me how well the Indian team played Warne, yes they were good players of spin but so were Sri Lanka and Pakistan, yet they did struggle against him. West Indies is another country after India which neutralized the Warne threat whenever they played Australia.
Nah Warne was gun against the West Indies except really in that horror 1999 series where he was completely unfit to play.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

This entire over was classic Flintoff TBH. Furious working over.

as an 18 year old who was only used to watching england not just get beaten, but humiliated and trodden into the dirt by australia this felt seismic.

watching their best batsman having to use every ounce of his will and skill to see out the over and ultimately be undone by a brute of a final delivery.
I regularly watch both of these and they just never fail to give me goosebumps

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
We were not that bad against Warne. Warne took a bucket load o lower order wickets against us, and then that ill fated 2003/4 tour happened. Not as good as India, but way better than Pakistan.