• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The attendance numbers

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Is Perth large enough to host such an event?
im sure they could cope well enough, i just doubt anyone would want to actually go to perth ;)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
I'd have high doubts on our transport system, it would have to be upgraded for sure. Its bad enough with daily commuters going to and from work nevermind the extra hundred thousand's of people for an olympics!

But once upon a time we held the Commonwealth Games, not sure how we went, I wasnt born i dont think :P

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Any 1mil+ city could support an Olympic games - just depends on the amount of money available. Perth could easily run the event although it won't get a chance for a while.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I saw on television tonight a Aussie father and son travelled to Greece to watch the games and they are getting charged $1000 per night EACH for a 3 star hotel...

No bloody wonder there is nobody from other countries their...

Thats just ridiculous...

They also had some parents of aussie rowers who instead of hotelling it, are actually camping...

Its bloody ridiculous...

ash chaulk

International Captain
Perth Could host it just we would need a new airport, roads, train and bus plus building a huge stadium. althou we have the swimming all ready to go and im sure ill let the boxing, judo and fencing compete in my back yard.

another big plus for olympics in perth would be i have room in my bedroom for any international babes who need accomodation.

p.s. Yeah Dave we had the commonwealth games a while ago were there wouldnt have been a huge competition like the one now... but i believe thats why Perry Lakes ath stadium and Beattie Park were built.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ash chaulk said:
Perth Could host it just we would need a new airport, roads, train and bus plus building a huge stadium. althou we have the swimming all ready to go and im sure ill let the boxing, judo and fencing compete in my back yard.

another big plus for olympics in perth would be i have room in my bedroom for any international babes who need accomodation.

p.s. Yeah Dave we had the commonwealth games a while ago were there wouldnt have been a huge competition like the one now... but i believe thats why Perry Lakes ath stadium and Beattie Park were built.
lol ash, u can share with the japansese judo team ;)

Craig

World Traveller
Blewy said:
I saw on television tonight a Aussie father and son travelled to Greece to watch the games and they are getting charged $1000 per night EACH for a 3 star hotel...

No bloody wonder there is nobody from other countries their...

Thats just ridiculous...

They also had some parents of aussie rowers who instead of hotelling it, are actually camping...

Its bloody ridiculous...
That is why I say the accomodation prices are a killer.

Camping or staying in a backpacker hostel would surely be so much cheaper.