• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Players who don’t meet general statistic requirements. (20 innings batted, 2000 balls bowled.)

Barry Richards
Sid Barnes
Stewie Dempster
Duleep
Brad Hodge
Daryl Mitchell
Ashraf Ali+
Mike Procter
Rashid Khan
Bob Massie
Scott Boland

Tried to veer away from one or two test wonders and tried to stick with blokes who were full front time bowlers rather than just go with best averages. Possibly the biggest omission is Jack Russell? But screw it I wanted Dempster (even if not opening) and Hodge in there.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he'll get there but between his so far very limited longevity and shoddy keeping (particularly early on) I'm still picking Engineer.
Pant's keeping has been fine for a while now. And most of Engineer's success came as an opener. Unless you want to drop Sehwag it doesn't make much sense to pick him tbh.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
On second thought yeah sorry Brad but I’ll replace you with Jack Russell, 203* with 300 in his other 10 innings vs 5 tons doesn’t cut it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pant's keeping has been fine for a while now. And most of Engineer's success came as an opener. Unless you want to drop Sehwag it doesn't make much sense to pick him tbh.
Yeah but his career is already very short, so we're talking about an even shorter period of him actually being a reasonable keeper. Like I think it's almost inevitable he gets there but if he stopped playing now it's a no from me.

And I think I do want to drop Sehwag lol.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Yeah but his career is already very short, so we're talking about an even shorter period of him actually being a reasonable keeper. Like I think it's almost inevitable he gets there but if he stopped playing now it's a no from me.

And I think I do want to drop Sehwag lol.
He's a far better batsman than Dhoni can ever hope to be in his dreams though (in tests).

bagapath

International Captain
Who wins the battle between

A XI from those who debuted between 1970-74

Gavaskar
Greenidge
Viv Richards
Greg Chappell
Kallicharan
Greig *
Imran Khan
Marsh +
Lillee
Thomson
Roberts

vs

A XI from those who debuted between 1975-79

Gooch
Haynes
Gower
Miandad
Border *
Botham
Kapil
Kirmani +
Marshall
Holding
Garner

ImpatientLime

International Regular
christmas xi (born between the 24th and 31st of december)

alastair cook
marcus trescothick
joe root
brad hodge
travis head
shimron hetmyer
matthew wade (wk)
kyle jamieson
piyush chawla
matthew hoggard
simon jones

hm: junaid khan, evin lewis, andy balbirine