• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Flem274*

123/5
No way is McCullum a 6 or Vettori a 7 in an ATG side. Way too long a tail.
Yeah Baz only acceptable in the top 6 here as his latter career batting version. His best batting and best keeping periods never happened together so it's cheating to merge them into a player who didn't exist. "We'll merge captaincy McCullum's batting and his peak keeping glovework to create the second best keeper batsman ever thanks. While we're at it we will take young Vettori's bowling and old Vettori's batting."

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Baz only acceptable in the top 6 here as his latter career batting version. His best batting and best keeping periods never happened together so it's cheating to merge them into a player who didn't exist. "We'll merge captaincy McCullum's batting and his peak keeping glovework to create the second best keeper batsman ever thanks. While we're at it we will take young Vettori's bowling and old Vettori's batting."
What do you expect from a simpleton who doesn't even know about Turner?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ashraful ahead of Shakib lol
Das at 3 seemed really odd to me too - he's only had one Test there and his record in the top 4 overall is awful.

1650408324494.png

The biggest crime was not including Habibul though. He walks into that side.

The slim picking for openers are hilarious - Joy probably only needs one more ton to make the team already. The second most ever Test tons for a Bangladeshi opener is Kayes, with two. :laugh: They were both at home on absolutely disgustingly flat pitches as well, and one was against Zimbabwe for good measure.

I'd probably actually pick Javed Omar if we're not allowed to just make Habibul open - he at least usually did a reasonable job of protecting the middle order from the new ball before getting out for 20 (80).

1. Tamim
2. Javed
3. Habibul
4. Mominul
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiqur
7. Mahmudullah
8. Miraz
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Fizz

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Liton and Taijul very close to overtaking to Mahmudullah and Rafique but probably not quite there yet. Can't imagine they won't make it before their careers are done though.

SillyCowCorner1

Das at 3 seemed really odd to me too - he's only had one Test there and his record in the top 4 overall is awful.

View attachment 31444

The slim picking for openers are hilarious - Joy probably only needs one more ton to make the team already. The second most ever Test tons for a Bangladeshi opener is Kayes, with two. :laugh: They were both at home on absolutely disgustingly flat pitches as well, and one was against Zimbabwe for good measure.

I'd probably actually pick Javed Omar if we're not allowed to just make Habibul open - he at least usually did a reasonable job of protecting the middle order from the new ball before getting out for 20 (80).

1. Tamim
2. Javed
3. Habibul
4. Mominul
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiqur
7. Mahmudullah
8. Miraz
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Fizz
Too much spin in here. I’d drop Riyad because Miraz is much better than him.
Rubel replaces Riyad, because he’s a legend

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year

View attachment 31444

1. Tamim
2. Javed
3. Habibul
4. Mominul
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiqur
7. Mahmudullah
8. Miraz
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Fizz
Yeah I too thought about the point on Bashar but just avoided engaging him.

Also, while Taskin still averages a horrendous 55, he has been their best pacer in the past year and continues to improve. Fizz struggles to get a place in the test squad, let alone the team. Takin, Shoriful and Ebadot is their first choice with Shohidul and Jayed on reserves.

So Taskin deserves a place there over Fizz. Litton too deserves a place in the team while Omar doesn't.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

View attachment 31444

1. Tamim
2. Javed
3. Habibul
4. Mominul
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiqur
7. Mahmudullah
8. Miraz
9. Rafique
10. Mashrafe
11. Fizz
Javed Omar was ****ing terrible

not that such a thing would necessarily preclude one from being in a Bangladesh AT XI . . . but still. He was just terrible

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Javed Omar was ****ing terrible

not that such a thing would necessarily preclude one from being in a Bangladesh AT XI . . . but still. He was just terrible
Yes. Slim pickings but I will probably take the HTB Kayes over him. Joy looks good to hold that spot soon though.

1. Tamim
2. Joy
3. Mominul
4. Shakib
5. Mushfiqur
6. Litton
7. Mahmudullah
8. Miraz
9. Taskin
10. Mashrafe
11. Rafique/Taijul

ataraxia

International Coach
Omar's mediocrity is rather summed up by the opening line of his cricinfo profile:

"Not many realise that this underrated opener was the first batsman in the new millennium to carry his bat through an entire Test innings."

Anyway, Shahriar "I average 26" Nafees has to be up there.

Flem274*

123/5
the one thing i remember about nafees was being told on here in 2008 he was going to wreck nz.

he was pretty bad but they debuted a guy called tamim iqbal who was pretty good.

Flametree

International 12th Man
the one thing i remember about nafees was being told on here in 2008 he was going to wreck nz.

he was pretty bad but they debuted a guy called tamim iqbal who was pretty good.
Didn't Junaid Siddiq debut with Tamim in that series - they had one magic session at Dunedin before crumbling the following day? Junaid also better than Javed Omar. But yeah, Habibul opens in the Bangladesh all time team...

Tamim
Habibul
Mominul
Mushfiqur
Shakib al H
Mahmudullah
Liton Das *
Mehedi
Taijul
pick two pacers.... Mashrafe, Fizz, Robiul, Abu Jayed...

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Lots of Test XIs here, let's do ODI ATG XIs...starting with England because they are the coolest ever ODI side:

1. J. Roy
2. J. Bairstow
3. J. Root
4. K. Pietersen
5. E. Morgan c
6. J. Buttler wk
7. B. Stokes ar
8. F. Flintoff ar
9. A. Rashid
10. D. Gough
11. L. Plunkett

Now that is some batting firepower. Could include the likes of Hales, Trescothic, maybe even Jimmy, Board or Botham.

Flem274*

123/5
Lots of Test XIs here, let's do ODI ATG XIs...starting with England because they are the coolest ever ODI side:
hammering x to doubt

Also Englands competition are going to love those openers. With a couple of exceptions like Michael Bevan, I have zero faith in white ball players who can't succeed in tests when it comes to the big boy stages of an ODI world cup. They're always very limited players and get ruthlessly exposed.

Marcus Trescothick strolls into that team. He's England's best ever ODI opener and it isn't close. Also your batting order is a bit weird and I've just noticed you've included Rashid and Plunket, which is insane.

A properly selected English side is an excellent team, even if it is from Queensland.

Trescothick
Bairstow
Root
KP
Stokes
Morgan
Buttler (wk)
Flintoff
Swann
Archer
Gough