• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

hju

Cricket Spectator
ATG Indian Team

Sunil Gavaskar
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Virat Kohli
MS Dhoni
Kapil Dev
Anil Kumble
Javagal Srinath
Zaheer Khan
Bishan Bedi

I don't know much about Vinoo Mankad so I won't include him but otherwise I think that this is a very strong team.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Capture.PNG

Handy side from Robinson. Interesting to see Macgill in there.

And nice of him to pick himself.

Adorable Asshole

International Regular
ATG Indian Team

Sunil Gavaskar
Virender Sehwag
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Virat Kohli
MS Dhoni
Kapil Dev
Anil Kumble
Javagal Srinath
Zaheer Khan
Bishan Bedi

I don't know much about Vinoo Mankad so I won't include him but otherwise I think that this is a very strong team.
Bumrah over Srinath and Amarnath over Sehwag

Slifer

International Captain
ATG West Indies Team

Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
Viv Richards
Brian Lara
George Headley
Garry Sobers
Clyde Walcott
Malcolm Marshall
Michael Holding
Joel Garner
Curtly Ambrose

Desmond Haynes could possibly be replaced. If you don't rate Headley as not much is known about him then Lloyd or Weekes could come in. If you don't think that Walcott kept enough in tests then Jeff Dujon replaces him. I think that these 4 quicks are the best that the West Indies have ever produced and Sobers could bowl spin as well as Richards if needed.
Any of Conrad Hunte, Gayle or even Fredricks to replace Haynes. Haynes is a notorious HTB.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
So my second XI (with the first in my signature) is this.

Hutton
Gavaskar
Sangakkara+
Lara
Kallis
Chappell
Barrington
Imran*
Hadlee
Steyn
Murali

Some caveats, I didn’t include Smith, because I didn’t want any current players, and tempted though I was, I also didn’t include Headley or Pollock despite the fact that I rate them as highly or more than others in this team. (also I kinda just wanted it to look a bit different) Bowlers and openers were a no brainer for me. The batting order was a bit annoying, after the two less aggressive openers I have Sanga and Lara batting in their usual positions, both aggresive players, then Kallis to stabilise, Chappell to pick it back up if needed and Barrington stabilising again.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Don't need the two spinners. Dump the idiot Swann and put Chris Cairns in.
You don't need two spinners, so instead you've picked a fifth pace bowler?
Not that either Swann or MacGill had much of a career with Notts... though I'm not sure who they could pick as a spinner ahead of them - Eddie Hemmings?
Also, Shrewsbury should be one of the openers.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
You don't need two spinners, so instead you've picked a fifth pace bowler?
Not that either Swann or MacGill had much of a career with Notts... though I'm not sure who they could pick as a spinner ahead of them - Eddie Hemmings?
Also, Shrewsbury should be one of the openers.
I really meant you don’t need Graeme Swann, which applies to any team. Chuck Ashwin in instead if two spinners are needed.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has

Hutton
Gavaskar
Sangakkara+
Lara
Kallis
Chappell
Barrington
Imran*
Hadlee
Steyn
Murali

Some caveats, I didn’t include Smith, because I didn’t want any current players, and tempted though I was, I also didn’t include Headley or Pollock despite the fact that I rate them as highly or more than others in this team. (also I kinda just wanted it to look a bit different) Bowlers and openers were a no brainer for me. The batting order was a bit annoying, after the two less aggressive openers I have Sanga and Lara batting in their usual positions, both aggresive players, then Kallis to stabilise, Chappell to pick it back up if needed and Barrington stabilising again.
Greenidge
Smith
Ponting
Border
Richards
Waugh
Miller
Waite +
Davidson
OReilly
Ambrose

Thought i'd throw in a 3rd XI using your criteria of retired guys only.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Greenidge
Smith
Ponting
Border
Richards
Waugh
Miller
Waite +
Davidson
OReilly
Ambrose

Thought i'd throw in a 3rd XI using your criteria of retired guys only.
I thought I was probably the forum's biggest Waite fan but you've just picked him ahead of Knott which surprises me.

Not sure four bowlers really works when one of them is Miller either. You need a fifth bowler like Symonds in there.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I just noticed that your first XI batting lineup 1-7 actually lines up entirely with my standardised averages project results. It would pick Ambrose and Hadlee ahead of Marshall and Wasim though.

Last edited: