• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
A pretty solid middle order. Would both Saleem Malik and Azharudddin be contenders for their country's ATG sides if not for the fixing? Both have great records
Azhar was certainly a player better than his numbers. Wasn't consistent but he could switch on God mode and play knocks comparable to the best Tendulkar has played.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Azhar's god mode was great but he clearly, and I mean this in a bad way, gave few ****s about winning games for India. His god mode usually came around either when he felt there was nothing to lose or when he had something to prove.

stephen

If the XI was just about players being banned then Warne walks in. If it's about players being banned for fixing he doesn't.

stephen

Warne and Waugh only escaped because they pleaded ignorance. Education at the time was poor at best and they couldn't believe someone was paying them money to listen to their opinions on the pitch. They thought it was simply over generosity by fanatical Indian fans.

mr_mister

Azhar's god mode was great but he clearly, and I mean this in a bad way, gave few ****s about winning games for India. His god mode usually came around either when he felt there was nothing to lose or when he had something to prove.

I remember he got a big ton in that super hyped 98 series against Australia but on closer inspection it looks a bit downhill skiish. What a top 6 you guys had in that series though

a massive zebra

International Captain
If the XI was just about players being banned then Warne walks in. If it's about players being banned for fixing he doesn't.
Well he included Shakib who also has not been banned for fixing. He was banned for failing to report corrupt approaches. There is no evidence he ever actually fixed.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I remember he got a big ton in that super hyped 98 series against Australia but on closer inspection it looks a bit downhill skiish. What a top 6 you guys had in that series though

Check out these knocks. Hundreds at better than run a ball against peak Donald and solid back up attack:

mr_mister

yeah. averaging 45 in that crazy ATG bowler heavy era(and none of them on his side) is enough for me to rate him pretty highly

and he got a ton in his final test so it seems he still had more to offer when it all came undone. pity about the whole match fixing thing