• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
The "Cash Please" XI

1 Mr Butt (vc)
2 Mr Vincent +
3 Mr Malik
4 Mr Azharuddin
5 Mr Cronje (c)
6 Mr Ashraful
7 Mr Prabhakar
8 Mr Asif
9 Mr Aamer
10 Mr Kaneria
11 Mr Sreesanth

Shady Slim

International Coach
Archie MacLaren
Andrew Stoddart
Aravinda de Silva
Adam Voges
Angelo Mathews
Anthony Grieg
Adam Gilchrist
Abdul Razzaq
Amar Singh
Abdul Qadir
Alec Bedser
tony grieg getting picked here is surely just as bad as picking him in your south african all time XI

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gideon Haigh selected Bob Simpson for his ATG Australian XI when part of the expert panel that picked the ATG XIs for ESPN. His team went;

01. VictorTrumper
02. Bob Simpson
03. Don Bradman
04. Greg Chappell
05. Allan Border
06. Keith Miller
07. Adam Gilchrist
08. Shane Warne
09. Alan Davidson
10. Dennis Lillee
11. Bill O'Reilly
It's a great side, that. I'd have McGrath in for O'Reilly tbh. Two spinners is a **** in Australia, England and SA unless it's crazy dry. Waste of time. He would play on spinning decks though, probably ahead of Davo if I was picking the team. But if you can afford to leave Davo out, you're probably travelling pretty well.

the big bambino

International Captain
It's a great side, that. I'd have McGrath in for O'Reilly tbh. Two spinners is a **** in Australia, England and SA unless it's crazy dry. Waste of time. He would play on spinning decks though, probably ahead of Davo if I was picking the team. But if you can afford to leave Davo out, you're probably travelling pretty well.
Yeah I suppose but you're talking O'Reilly. Normal rules don't apply.

watson

Banned
O'Reilly was a 'medium spinner' rather than a classical leggie, and even opened the attack like Sydney Barnes. He's good everywhere.

Burgey

It's 2016 mate. Only in seriously backward conditions do you open with spinners. Come on.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
With all the commendation coming Misbah's way in the past couple days on CW, I was just wondering how close does he come to Pakistan's ATG XI?

Here's one off the top of my head

1 Hanif Mohammad
2 Saeed Anwar
3 Zaheer Abbas
4 Javed Miandad
5 Misbah-ul-haq
6 Imran Khan
7 Moin Khan
8 Wasim Akram
9 Waqar Younis
10 Fazal Mahmood
11 Saqlain Mushtaq

It feels pretty weird to leave Inzamam, Younis Khan & Mohammad Yousuf all on the bench.

Zinzan

I'd need to think about my greatest Pakistani XI, but in what universe does Misbah get in ahead of Younis, Inzi, Yousuf or even the likes of Mushtaq Mohammad for that matter?