• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Apprentice (Season X)

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
I choose Neil Pickup.

What does he do anyway? Apparently he's studying something at university and coaching kids.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I work 9-5 and don't get home until 7, so you uni people can shove it. ;) Although I don't know how much time is required, nor do I have any real experience with running a sim effectively, along with the whole work thing along with being involved with site management at other various sites, which often leaves me just wanting to come home and relax. For these reasons, I'm unsure if I'm really up for such a task. Just how much time is required, Liam?

I nominate Håkon & Pickup.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
Just how much time is required, Liam?

I shave yearly and bathe once a week. It shall own your life. :ph34r:

Ok, that may not be entirely true...
It takes a couple of hours per day if you get good at it.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I don't think I'll have time for this, then, outside possibly the weekends. You'll find a lot of my posting is done while at work, and I can't do the simming there.

cricketboy29

International Regular
I'd nominate Hakon, did a very good job with grade cricket, right kind of credentials for this kind of thing, IMHO.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cricketboy29 said:
I'd nominate Hakon, did a very good job with grade cricket, right kind of credentials for this kind of thing, IMHO.
The question is whether he can handle both GC and Dev League cricket though.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
I don't think I'll have time for this, then, outside possibly the weekends. You'll find a lot of my posting is done while at work

lol good to see you have your priorities right

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Loony BoB said:
I work 9-5 and don't get home until 7, so you uni people can shove it. ;) Although I don't know how much time is required, nor do I have any real experience with running a sim effectively, along with the whole work thing along with being involved with site management at other various sites, which often leaves me just wanting to come home and relax. For these reasons, I'm unsure if I'm really up for such a task. Just how much time is required, Liam?

Whoa, 9-5 - massive day.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Looking at my non-existent time table, and the fact that I need a 2:2 to get into a PGCE, suggests that I might be able to do something this season.

However PGCE starts in September, workload increases muchly, and free time vanishes. I'd be a short-term fix.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I think I said it on another thread, but definitely Hakon & Pickup. Outside of those two, no one else really comes to mind? Might be missing someone though.

Loony BoB

International Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Whoa, 9-5 - massive day.
It is when you live over an hour away from your work and often have to work late and have to cook your own dinners since you live alone. Sucks. =/ I liked it a lot more when I was on something like 9:45 to 5:45, that extra time made all the difference to the traffic. Either way, I'd give a lot if I could fit an extra two hours into my day. But this is pretty off topic, I'm just having a gripe. ;) Too much going on at work lately. Thank God for this place, gives me something to do inbetween emails. :p

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Thanks for the nomination, but I have nowhere near enough time to do the job - I couldn't even manage 3-4 hours for ALFTA this week, so 1-2 hours a night is out!