• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The American Politics thread

andruid

International Captain
What happens if, after Trump loses the election, he tries to issue 'instructions' to electors to ignore the 'fraudulent' popular vote and re-instate him as president?

Niall

International Captain
I think some of these conspiracy theories are a bit over the top , and while like RTB Ithink Ron giving Trump Florida would be good banter I find that and all other scenarios proposed liberal version of Pizzagate.

Trump will likely lose comfortably, grumble about postal votes, GOP establishment and Biden will still be swore in business as usual.

StephenZA

International Coach
No conspiracy nonsense. But if Trump loses, I don't think he will do a proper hand over will probably flounce out of the white house like a petulant child leaving a mess in his wake.

Niall

International Captain
No conspiracy nonsense. But if Trump loses, I don't think he will do a proper hand over will probably flounce out of the white house like a petulant child leaving a mess in his wake.
He will moan and flounce, but stuff like Ron and Kemp handing Trump their states etc, just seems a bit wild.

If its a beating across the board , can't imagine many of the GOP will want any part of it.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
He will moan and flounce, but stuff like Ron and Kemp handing Trump their states etc, just seems a bit wild.

If its a beating across the board , can't imagine many of the GOP will want any part of it.
looks up Kemp's "voter suppression controversies" section on Wikipedia

Nope, nothing to see here, surely that guy will staff the election board with competent incorruptible officials who believe in the principle of one man one vote, and if not the state legislature with 2/3s Republicans will scrutinize the plans :wacko:

Niall

International Captain
Unless Kemp can do that in all the other pivotal states where Trump is underwater I wouldn't panic that much.

GOP have always done voter suppression etc, but despite that they lose plenty of elections.