• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The American Politics thread

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
they just had fmr democratic senator from kansas donald betts on the abc and he's bigging up condi rice's chances at being biden's vp

it is now my belief barack obama is the second funniest choice for his vp. the third is mayor pete.
I think Condi will do, in my do anything to defeat Trumplestiltskin. Actually does the VP actually have to be capable of becoming Pres, obviously Barack, and the mad people's choice (i.e me) AOC can't will that disqualify them, as they're meant to be next in line.

grecian

Barack might be eligible, it's a loophole that hasn't been tested yet. The absolute hellworld (and therefore inevitable) choice is Hillary though.
I can't believe that even the insane democrats will nominate her, in the end they should be lapping up the epstein/Maxwell thing, and they can only do that if that disgusting family are out the way. Even though Chelsea seems nice unlike her eponymous football team.

But yes the anarchy of the World probably means Hillary will be there, as I oft repeat we are doomed, Trump will win..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How on earth could you describe Biden as an “appalling” person? Fmd if he’s that then there hasn’t been a pubic office holder who’s been decent since Ancient Athens.

Spark

Global Moderator
Barack might be eligible, it's a loophole that hasn't been tested yet. The absolute hellworld (and therefore inevitable) choice is Hillary though.
I mean... it hasn't been "tested" but the text of the 22nd Amendment is pretty unambiguous. As soon as you serve more than two years of a second term, you're counted as having served two full terms and are thus ineligible for the Presidency and thus the Vice Presidency (due to the 12th Amendment).

RossTaylorsBox

International Captain
I mean... it hasn't been "tested" but the text of the 22nd Amendment is pretty unambiguous. As soon as you serve more than two years of a second term, you're counted as having served two full terms and are thus ineligible for the Presidency and thus the Vice Presidency (due to the 12th Amendment).
Stop ruining my Supreme Court fantasies.

Flem274*

123/5
You should probably take a trip down the libertarian highway to Nutsville then.
nah, and athenian direct democracy was probably closer to libertarianism than modern democracy.

especially in the way it benefited the wealthy elite who could afford to live right next to the spot where they vote and vote daily, rather than the poor sods who had to trek in from out of town.

grecian

Meh, Biden has been involved in administrations that have done zilch about a war-like, colonial-style, actually done no real thing about the systemetic racism that exists in that country, or their rampant gun issues.

Again I am not a fan of either Political parties in the States, and as I say being in public office in US, probably means you are appalling. But anyway my main reason for calling him appalling as a candidate, is that bizarrely a country of 250 million can't come up with a candidate who is not well into his 70s, and a borderline senile white guy with a chequered past. I mean at least Trump is charismatic. Biden is just there.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Montana went to Trump by a huge margin so it was always a longshot, but I was hoping for this one. Dems have a strong candidate:

Hopefully it turns out well!