• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The American Politics thread

Niall

International Captain
Out of those WHiTe WoRkInG ClAsS states Wisconsin would be hardest to win yeah?
I dunno how Trump loses it tbh,

in 2016 he got a resounding 47.22% of the vote while the hugely popular Clinton got a mere 46.45,,its to big of a gap to close in only 4 years.

And lets not forget Wisconsin has always been a GOP stronghold before Trump.

Last edited:

Niall

International Captain
I don't mind Sullivan to much as he is actually an ok writer.

Bari is trash though, has tried to cancel people herself and someone who has very little of interest to say. I'l always recall her on Rogan who is not exactly known for his probing questions, accusing my beloved of been an Assad puppet which is a serious allegation and when gently prodded by Rogan she had no clue how to explain herself.

Also Bari does not believe in diversity despite what she says, in her next venture lets see how many hardcore Trumpers or true lefties she deals with , it will just be the same old faces screaming about "having a conversation".

Niall

International Captain
The absolute state of this.

When it comes to the NYT, I'd love Bret Stephens to be firstly cancelled and ideally fired out of a cannon. Ross Douthat who I probably disagree with on everything I hope survives as he is a genuinely good writer and doesn't seem to idolise himself like Bari.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
That, and Douthat actually does his homework and thinks about **** in some depth -- from a socially conservative perspective, of course -- before writing about it. Stephens and Brooks are Friedman-esque in the hollowness and vapidity of their opinion writing.

I never actually read Weiss's columns. Who has time to be sucked into that back-and-forth tedium, really. Related: holy hell is Eric Weinstein embarrassing.

Teja.

Global Moderator
This was a really stupid timesink for me because a good friend who lives in the US but is not very online messaged me yesterday with her resignation letter going LOOK HOW NYT BULLIES BULLIED THIS WOMAN. I had to go through the letter to respond to him which is time and peace of mind I'll never get back.

Normies who are not aware of her past work/histronics and are hearing of her for the first time through this letter seem unusually affected by it.

Spark

Global Moderator
At least the President is on top of the most important issues of the time, such as the pandemic, economic crisis, heightened attention on race relations and *checks notes* beans

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That, and Douthat actually does his homework and thinks about **** in some depth -- from a socially conservative perspective, of course -- before writing about it. Stephens and Brooks are Friedman-esque in the hollowness and vapidity of their opinion writing.

I never actually read Weiss's columns. Who has time to be sucked into that back-and-forth tedium, really. Related: holy hell is Eric Weinstein embarrassing.
Douthat is an absolute bore, talks pure pseudo-intellectual ****e. You’re right about the others though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I took a test on Information Security yesterday and I could not believe this loophole existed, but glad it has been stuck down.
It wasn't really a loophole tbh. It was an explicit agreement.

Also, data protection and information security are categorically not the same thing, just ftr.

Last edited: