• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 90s and 00s banlisted draft thread

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So guys, I'm going to start a draft. The rules for the draft are as follows:

First ten people to sign up get to play. I am one of those 10.
The draft is for test matches only.
Players may only be picked who played in the 90s or the 00s.
Players picked will be picked based on their form in the 90s and/or 00s (i.e. if a player has played for like 1 year in 1990 and had an ordinary time there is no point picking them, even if they were a Great in the 80s).
22 players are banned from being selected until the final two rounds. These players are based on the best teams of the 90s and 00s that I identified in another thread (with some minor alterations so that players didn't end up in both teams):

90s.

Boon
Gooch
Tendulkar
Lara
De Silva
S Waugh
Healy
Warne
Akram
Ambrose
Donald

00s:

Hayden
G Smith
Ponting
Dravid
Sangakkara
Kallis
Gilchrist
Pollock
Steyn
McGrath
Murali

All other players are able to be picked, provided that they played in the 90s or 00s.
For rounds 1-8, contestants will be assigned a random order in the odd round (1,3,5,7) and that order will be reversed in the next even round. The order in round 9 will be random. The order in round 10 will be random, then reversed in round 11.

In round 10 players may only pick someone from the 90s team.
In round 11 players may only pick someone from the 00s team.

The winner will be decided through a public poll.

Last edited:

stephen

Contestants:

1. Stephen
2. Somerset
3. NUFAN
4. metallics2006
5. Blakus
6. Marc71178
7. bunny
8. Matt79
9. BoyBrumby
10. GingerFurball

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Also, just some clarification, is that Devon Smith banned from the 00s list or Graeme :p
Mark or Steve Waugh?

bagapath

International Captain
looks pretty cool. want to play. but i know i wont do justice with so much to be done at work this week. will watch the draft.

stephen

No problems Bagapath. Would have been cool to have you join us. Hope you enjoy watching it :)

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
Thanks for the welcome. As you can see i joined a few months ago but have mostly spent my time reading older threads (so I'm well versed in all the vs threads:dry:). I liked the look of the previous draft threads and am looking forward to being a more frequent poster from now on

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'll give it a try if there's space, but wouldn't 11 fit better with the last 2 rounds having 22 players available?

stephen

I'll give it a try if there's space, but wouldn't 11 fit better with the last 2 rounds having 22 players available?
I like the idea of giving the last placed person a choice between two players.

Also means that there is potential for really good players not to get picked.

stephen

Excellent.

That means we are now full.

Just a reminder that you can pick anybody who played in the 90s or 00s, but you are picking them based on their record in the era. I will post up the order for the first round soon.