• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Texting Shane

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Call me a suck, but I can't help but feel sorry for Shane Warne. Just because he's in the public domain, it doesn't make him public property. Leave his private life to him...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mr Casson said:
Call me a suck, but I can't help but feel sorry for Shane Warne. Just because he's in the public domain, it doesn't make him public property. Leave his private life to him...
That's fair enough, AFAIK Warnie hasn't set himself up as a paragon of virtue, so his busy thumbs don't make him a hypocrite. They certainly don't effect his cricketing abilities one iota!

It's just good old-fashioned prurience on the public's behalf; of which I'm probably as guilty as the next man. :happy:

biased indian

International Coach
"Without knowing the content [and alleged recipient] of a particular message, Mr Warne is unable to confirm whether he sent it," Scott-Howman wrote.

if he has not send anything bad to any one he could be sure even with out seeing it :)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
"Without knowing the content [and alleged recipient] of a particular message, Mr Warne is unable to confirm whether he sent it," Scott-Howman wrote.

if he has not send anything bad to any one he could be sure even with out seeing it :)
People can take a lot of things out of context. I'm sure he's just covering all his bases.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
great another so called "scandal".

Last time this happend wasn't it with this south african women who actually made it up? Correct me if im wrong, i just heard it. But i remember the papers once finding out warne didn't do it dont write about it at all

this right or not?

Scallywag

Banned
GoT_SpIn said:
great another so called "scandal".

Last time this happend wasn't it with this south african women who actually made it up? Correct me if im wrong, i just heard it. But i remember the papers once finding out warne didn't do it dont write about it at all

this right or not?
Thats happened about three of four times, in one case the girl and her uncle were charged and convicted of extortion but that story didnt rate in sales as good because Warne didnt do anything wrong. For a story to be newsworthy it has to imply Warne has done something wrong reardless of what really happened.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Scallywag said:
Thats happened about three of four times, in one case the girl and her uncle were charged and convicted of extortion but that story didnt rate in sales as good because Warne didnt do anything wrong. For a story to be newsworthy it has to imply Warne has done something wrong reardless of what really happened.
Was that *the kiss* when Warney was with Brett Lee? :laugh:

What a fantastic joke that was.