• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Career Chain Draft

ataraxia

International Coach
You pick a player whose test career has overlapped with the player picked by the drafter immediately before you in the order.

For example, if the player before you picks Aubrey Faulkner (career 2 January 1906 to 28 June 1924) then you can pick Herbert Sutcliffe (career 14 June 1924 to 29 June 1935) but not Bill Ponsford (career 19 December 1924 to 22 August 1934).

We'll try no timeouts because otherwise you can play unfairly to your advantage whilst holding up the draft.

The player the first drafter picks from is Mahmudullah (career 9 July 2009 to 7 February 2020). Please state the dates of the player's career when making your pick.

Bradman is eligible and there are double picks. This means that final players in the round have to make sure that Bradman is out of reach for the double picker. I think the player with the latest final test who can be picked off Bradman is Bert Sutcliffe (career 21 March 1947 to 27 May 1965) so the second (and third)-to-last players of each odd round should gear their picks around that.

Who's in?

Himannv

International Coach
In although I'm not a fan of Bradman being in it. On the odd chance that someone messes up and allows him to be picked it's instantly over as a competition. I reckon the only time he should be eligible is when there is a severe handicap associated with picking him.

ataraxia

International Coach
In although I'm not a fan of Bradman being in it. On the odd chance that someone messes up and allows him to be picked it's instantly over as a competition. I reckon the only time he should be eligible is when there is a severe handicap associated with picking him.
FTR, the main reason Bradman is in this is to limit the pool of selection. Interested to hear others' opinions on this.

Himannv

International Coach
FTR, the main reason Bradman is in this is to limit the pool of selection.
If that's the intention, then you can simply say that Bradman and everyone who played during his era is ineligible. It will automatically block anyone who played before his time as well.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would go with this. Also quite like the possibility of his generation suddenly being opened up.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, quite a few gun players from that period. Would like to see them being made eligible.

ataraxia

International Coach
Awaiting clarification in what participants want here - would it be good to simply restrict debuts to 1949 and present? I could also make it easier to avoid Bradman by removing double picks - this might be my preferred option, as it gives the last picker of the draft a chance to pick a Bradman-era ATG.

Currently 10 in; would prefer to get a few more.

Teuton

International Captain
I agree, remove double picks. Picking last in a round doesn't mean a disadvantage.

Assuming that you prefer to keep it to the last 60 yrs or so.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I am fine either way re banning Bradman, removing double picks etc. But would agree at least until the latter rounds being last isn't a disadvantage and is arguably an advantage compared to being 2nd or 3rd in the first round at least.