• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test and FC cricketers who are related

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'm sure there are plenty. My interest was roused when I saw that on Mahendra Nagamootoo's cricinfo, it lists both Rohan Kanhai and Al Kallicharan as his uncles. Kanhai and Kallicharan are not listed as being related so I assume Nagamootoo has test cricketers on both sides of his immediate family tree.

There are obvious ones like the Waughs and the Chappells in Australia as brothers. Chris Broad and Stuart Broad are father and son. Lance Gibbs and Clive Lloyd are cousins. I think Darren Lehmann and Craig White are/were brothers in law. Greg Campbell is Ricky Ponting's uncle.

I know there are plenty of others. Could be an interesting discussion.

andmark

International Captain
To note an obvious one, Vic Richardson was a grandfather of the Chappells. There have been a few D'Olivieiras. Ben and Adam Hollioake were brothers as well.

EDIT: There have been at least two related Butchers I know of (Mark and Roland).

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Wikipedia has a comprehensive, if messy, list of quite a lot

To answer Daemon's question, Starc/Healy are the 3rd test cricketing couple, after Roger Prideaux/Ruth Westbrook, and Guy de Alwis/Rasanjali Silva.

cnerd123

likes this
Karthik and Vijay are Eskimo brothers if that counts.

Mushtaq and Hanif Mohammad were brothers and they had many more brothers who played FC cricket IIRC

Also Roger and Stuart Binny

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tagenarine Chanderpaul
Shivnarine Chanderpaul

Lendll Simmons
Phil Simmons

Mahendra Nagamootoo
Vishal Nagamootoo