• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Terrible sportsmanship

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there were five runs to win it wouldn't have made any difference to the result but I should point out that according to Law 19.7.1 six runs can only be awarded if the ball has been struck by the bat.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Rob Key contradicting himself on Sky Sports "How average is that? That is appalling".

By definition, if something is average then it certainly isn't appalling.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The twoutrage is ridiculous as ever. Nobody died.
Randiv did something very similar in an ODI once, to deny Sehwag a ton. He denied it being deliberate, but it clearly was.

EDIT: Already mentioned, my bad.

Last edited:

Starfighter

Rob Key contradicting himself on Sky Sports "How average is that? That is appalling".

By definition, if something is average then it certainly isn't appalling.
Unfortunately the perfectly good words 'average' and 'mediocre' now mean 'bad'.

Anyway, anyone remember Pollard's effort against Lewis, last year was it?

Bijed

International Regular
If there were five runs to win it wouldn't have made any difference to the result but I should point out that according to Law 19.7.1 six runs can only be awarded if the ball has been struck by the bat.
I'd assumed they meant two runs for the no-ball (though I don't actually know which rules they use) plus four for the boundary

Starfighter

I'd assumed they meant two runs for the no-ball (though I don't actually know which rules they use) plus four for the boundary
Does the stupid two runs for a no-ball thing extend into club cricket? All the articles/comments seem to specify that the bowler actually threw the ball over the boundary. That's actually quite an impressive effort.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Randiv did something very similar in an ODI once, to deny Sehwag a ton. He denied it being deliberate, but it clearly was.

EDIT: Already mentioned, my bad.
Sangakkara managed to worm himself free of the controversy and somehow maintained his clean, "classy" image despite him having heard the entire exchange between Dilshan and Randiv and doing zilch to stop it. Complete ****. Have hated the smug arsehole ever since.

eempyrean

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Not good, can’t say I’m surprised . For example I played in a men’s club game once when I was 12. I batted 8 I think. I was in with our best bat and decided just to survive and let him get the runs. It was 1st vs 2nd in the league. We put on 60 odd and I only had 8 to my name off at least 40 balls. Other team got annoyed and sledging got worse. One bowler (their captain) bowled a deliberate Beamer at me (hooked it for a one bounce four. I could bat, I just chose to play a support role in the situation. A head height no ball was a free hit). I’ve got other examples too. This sort of stuff doesn’t surprise me. The umpiring in club cricket is appalling, lots of cheats in it.

Burner

International Regular
Recently Pandya bowled a few wides at Root when he was going for his century. Deliberate or not, I don't know because it was Pandya but it would have been terrible if Root was denied in the end. He redeemed himself with bowling a full toss as the final ball though so no harm done.

Personally I find it petty and unnecessary when things like this happen. From the player's perspective it's downright stupid as well with all the backlash it will bring.