• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team of the Year 2019

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Lyon and Jadeja both averaged 34.5 this year. Ashwin isn't an ideal choice because he was not picked for tests in West Indies at all but averaged 24 despite a bunch of dropped catches as vcs said. I'll take him for Lyon. Will go with the rest of OP XI.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
How does Jason Holder not make this side? He averages better with the bat than Stokes this year playing against India and England and has 20 wickets at 18 or so.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Good shout that. Definitely doing more with ball than Stokes, while averaging about the same with bat.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
How does Jason Holder not make this side? He averages better with the bat than Stokes this year playing against India and England and has 20 wickets at 18 or so.
Agreed. Also how does Babar have 3 centuries with a high score of 104.. idk if he grabs a spot in the middle order. Rashid Khan should be the spinner.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lyon and Jadeja both averaged 34.5 this year. Ashwin isn't an ideal choice because he was not picked for tests in West Indies at all but averaged 24 despite a bunch of dropped catches as vcs said. I'll take him for Lyon. Will go with the rest of OP XI.
I'll have one of these.

Also I'm loving these yearly review threads

trundler

I love me some Maharaj. Looks to have a much higher ceiling than Lyon but it's a shame he's not done much lately. Gets plenty of turn on most tracks.

Bijed

International Regular
He's quality and his bowling has been great this year, but his batting this year has been literally one (admittedly very) big score. Just ignoring a batsman's highest score is obviously wrong, but anyone would need more than score that to justify a spot in the top 6 of the year imo. In fairness you could probably argue him in as a bowler in his own right this year if you wanted and his batting would be a big bonus lower down

Last edited:

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
He's quality and his bowling has been great this year, but his batting this year has been literally one (admittedly very) big score. Just ignoring a batsman's highest score is obviously wrong, but anyone would need more than score that to justify a spot in the top 6 of the year imo. In fairness you could probably argue him in as a bowler in his own right this year if you wanted and his batting would be a big bonus lower down
That would be true. I’m saying bat Watling at 6 though. Holder at 7

Daemon

Love myself some Jason Holder too, but he's made one double and nothing else this year, so unless he's being picked as one of the four bowlers (which Is possible if you're going for some h4x batting depth) I think he's just unlucky Stokes exists.

edit: multi tab owned. what bijed said basically.