• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Surprisingly, 2 of the greatest 5 ever WC allrounders are S.Waugh and Yuvraj Singh

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That Kapil innings does sound pretty insane. Closest thing I can compare to it off the top of my head would be Symonds in '03 v Pakistan. Came in at 4/50-60ish and took them to 300+ with 143*.

Pretty decent bowling attack too, Wasim and Waqar, maybe Saqlain too.

Hard to beat making 175 from 5/17 though

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Kapil's innings and all of the thrills in the Zimbabwe match was not filmed IIRC, the thinking being that nothing exciting was expected from these 2 teams

cnerd123

likes this
Kapil's innings and all of the thrills in the Zimbabwe match was not filmed IIRC, the thinking being that nothing exciting was expected from these 2 teams
some dude in the stands had a camera and filmed the whole thing apparently - God knows where that footage is now.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Re-watching it recently(yesterday actually) he played so many aerial hoiks and slogs - it could have easily ended so many times - not even including the Gibbs non catch

South Africa were so unlucky to lose that match

I know plenty of ODI knocks have aerial risky shots but the whole thing seems so atypical for a Steve Waugh century. Perhaps because he pretty much only got them in FC matches

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
also that sucks that there's no footage of the Kapil knock. Would have been a treat to revisit

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
That Kapil innings does sound pretty insane. Closest thing I can compare to it off the top of my head would be Symonds in '03 v Pakistan. Came in at 4/50-60ish and took them to 300+ with 143*.

Definitely an insanely good innings. I'll also add Viv's 189* and Stoinis's 146*

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

Saqlain didn't play and that was the mistake Pakistan made. They picked Afridi, and never had the 6th bowler as well. Result was Youis Khan bowling 6 overs of tripe. I think Waqar got banned from bowling too.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Saqlain didn't play and that was the mistake Pakistan made. They picked Afridi, and never had the 6th bowler as well. Result was Youis Khan bowling 6 overs of tripe. I think Waqar got banned from bowling too.
Waqar bowled beamers at Symonds, clearly deliberate. Past his peak, he responded in frustration to being hit about. Admonished by Shepherd and duly removed.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Mr mister can you please check Collingwood's stats? Might be decent too. Replying from the first page

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I rate Symonds' semi-final knock against SL that tournament just as highly. That was a very slow, difficult wicket.