• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super over stats

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'm guessing these aren't officially recorded anywhere, which is another reason why this system is incredibly flawed.

cnerd123

likes this
I for one am extremely disappointed that Sehwag and Uthappa's 100% strike rate in bowl-outs have not been recorded anywhere

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Are you saying that the runs and wickets etc don't count in the batsman's/bowlers stats? That makes the fact that we won the trophy by not winning the match, and with stats that don't even count, even better. :thumbup:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So because they don't count towards career stats, the system is flawed?

That's a jump in logic if ever I saw one.

Red

So because they don't count towards career stats, the system is flawed?

That's a jump in logic if ever I saw one.
Yeh. Deciding a six week tournament based off a completely unrelated process, a process so so unrelated to the actual six week comp that the stats for it aren't even officially recorded, is a "jump in logic".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeh. Deciding a six week tournament based off a completely unrelated process, a process so so unrelated to the actual six week comp that the stats for it aren't even officially recorded, is a "jump in logic".

In footy two World Cup finals have been decided on penalties, goals in them don’t count to stats either. I’m sure other sports would have similar comparisons.

What’s your preferred method?

It not counting to stats is not because it’s not akin to cricket, its neither here nor there but it certainly has zero relevance to whether it’s a good tiebreaker.

Bijed

International Regular
Never understood why the stats aren't recorded tbh. I mean, they wouldn't be useful for much at all, but might as well keep track of them for the sake of people like me who like their cricket stat trivia

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I don't care if they're added to player stats, but I wanted to go back and review what was scored in the super overs, specifically, and can I find it anywhere on the Cricinfo scorecard? No. Ridiculous.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bro I'm sure most agree that Super Over to decide a World Cup isn't ideal, but using "the stats aren't recorded" as the reason why is strange

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually think the super over is perfect, sure a super powerplay of 5 overs perhaps more suitable for an ODI WC final, but whatever. The only issue (and it's a major issue) is giving up on finding an outright winner after only one is tied

Red

Bro I'm sure most agree that Super Over to decide a World Cup isn't ideal, but using "the stats aren't recorded" as the reason why is strange
No it's not. The reason the stats aren't recorded is because the system has no relation to the actual contest.

Red

I actually think the super over is perfect, sure a super powerplay of 5 overs perhaps more suitable for an ODI WC final, but whatever. The only issue (and it's a major issue) is giving up on finding an outright winner after only one is tied
How on earth could anyone think that a system, to decide the winner of a six week premier tournament, that has nothing in common with the tournament, is perfect?