• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 12 - Group 2

Aritro

International Regular
Think you have fitted in bongo and did you reward yourself for it, perhaps a celebratory thread about it on bongala cricket forum?
I'm awed by your tactical choice to drop the plush toy and facepaint trope to focus on "bong" as the focus of the bantz. Gosh you're so good at this! :wub:

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm awed by your tactical choice to drop the plush toy and facepaint trope to focus on "bong" as the focus of the bantz. Gosh you're so good at this! :wub:
I don't know how I feel about bongala fans without the face paint and plush toys

Aritro

International Regular
Hahaha, oooft. You were humiliated by ten wickets by the team you'd love to beat most in the world. Humiliated. They humiliated you. You threw everything at them and they made you whimper, beaten and humiliated.

But now you've gone and posted a video of a man with a moustache looking at a camera, and honestly, it's just so alpha :wub:

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Hahaha, oooft. You were humiliated by ten wickets by the team you'd love to beat most in the world. Humiliated. They humiliated you. You threw everything at them and they made you whimper, beaten and humiliated.

But now you've gone and posted a video of a man with a moustache looking at a camera, and honestly, it's just so alpha :wub:
Feeling alright, Oritro?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Its sad Aritro did not even play the Virat scoring 50 card which I am pretty sure depresses nou more than even India losing to Pak.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Unacceptable posting.
Lol I don't know anything about Nou which was a frustrating disadvantage
Strange. Here I was thinking being a bongala is what cripples you as a rageposting cricket fan. I mean I felt bad enough to not even bother unpack that post where you attempted a taunt based on cricketing loss. Did it make you hanker for the days when you could claim West Pakistan's achievement as your own? So what if their army was opening your lungi to check if your genitals were still in one piece. Small price to pay.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
TBH, the loss was bad. But knowing this achievement was unlocked under Kohli's leadership took the edge away so I am grateful for the little blessings.

Aritro

International Regular
Strange. Here I was thinking being a bongala is what cripples you as a rageposting cricket fan. I mean I felt bad enough to not even bother unpack that post where you attempted a taunt based on cricketing loss. Did it make you hanker for the days when you could claim West Pakistan's achievement as your own? So what if their army was opening your lungi to check if your genitals were still in one piece. Small price to pay.
Whoops! See now that was rather an own goal, Nou my boy. You had this under control being coolly provocative. But then I said the thing and you got all angry and then you ended up referencing an actual genocide which saw the murder and rape of millions of people to try and one-up someone in a tiff on a cricket forum (which you started yourself). And that wasn't very cool at all, was it now?

I'm not sure there's any back from this tbh. Better luck next time :)

Last edited:

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol I don't know anything about Nou
LOL, see now that was rather an own goal, Nou my boy. You had this under control being coolly provocative. But then I said the thing and you got all angry and then you ended up referencing an actual genocide which saw the murder and rape of millions of people to try and one-up someone in a tiff on a cricket forum (which you started yourself).
...and now you know a bit about Noumenon.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
LOL, see now that was rather an own goal, Nou my boy. You had this under control being coolly provocative. But then I said the thing and you got all angry and then you ended up referencing an actual genocide which saw the murder and rape of millions of people to try and one-up someone in a tiff on a cricket forum (which you started yourself). And that wasn't very cool at all, was it now?

I'm not sure there's any back from this tbh. Better luck next time :)
That's cool. I am sure you are a keen student of forum psychology and it serves you well in life.

But do you hanker for the time you could claim west pakistan's win as yours? Or have you made peace with being a bongala cricket fan? I am curious to know.

Aritro

International Regular
Yeah, I'm out. Have a word with yourself, you weird ****. That was a seriously out-of-line thing to say.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Post of the thread.

Of course Sewerprowler ruins it

Aritro

International Regular
Post of the thread.

Of course Sewerprowler ruins it
Just for historical context for those who might lack it, he's referencing the 1971 genocide. The army carried out a systematic campaign of murder against unarmed Bengali civilians with a selective emphasis on killing Hindus. They also carried out a systematic campaign of rape - usually gang rape - against Bengali women. The accepted estimate in Bangladesh they killed 3 million Bengalis in nine months. The number of raped women is harder to quantify; probably several hundred thousand. Anecdotal evidence would suggest this is plausible.

The army employed the practice of stopping civilians and examining their genitals to see if a person still had their foreskin. Anyone who didn't would be assumed to be a Hindu and executed on the spot. Innumerable Hindus were identified and murdered in this way. This is what he's referencing when he mentions "cracking open your lungi and seeing if your genitals are intact".

You can read about it online if you're inclined or for something more academic you could try Anthony Mascarenhas's book "The Rape of Bangladesh."

But let me know if you still reckon it was the post of the thread. I might see if I can dredge up a Rwandan Tutsi poster to feud with. Ideally, I'll start off exchanging some undergraduate tit-for-tat about cricket and then lead into a zinger about the Hutu machetes.