• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 12 - Group 2

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Dejected Bangla fans with pained faces (whiskers and stripes) and plush tiger toys in stands is one of the great sights in cricket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I understand this, but I'm also kinda glad that they do get to play. It's not like the players themselves are the Taliban, and this is their livelihood. It's cruel enough to lose your country, imagine losing your career on top of that.

Idk if Afghanistan can continue to be a Full Member or play in future ICC events, but letting them play here is a good decision if you keep the players and coaches welfare in mind. They've been working towards this since before the Taliban took over, and even if this is a last hurrah, they can use this platform to perform and maybe get a franchise/domestic contracts overseas somewhere.
Afghanistan didn't have a women's team when they first started playing ICC events either. It's a requirement to be a full member and play Tests - which I suspect they might not be able to for a while - but you're allowed to play limited overs tournaments without that.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ going to need India's chokeage against NZ in major tournaments to continue to get out of this group - I think our team is patchy but it's T20 so it's possible. Don't want to be the team with two losses from the mini NZ/Pak/India tournament opening this group.

Speaking of chokeage and how this is somehow the Bangladesh/Sri Lanka thread, wtf was that fielding Bangladesh.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain
Noumenon being made to look like a tit is a mildly amusing thing, in this moment. Otherwise it's not that important.
A bongo fan with a lip and presumably a plush tiger toy by your side? Do you rage post on this forum with the face painted on, Oritro?