• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sulieman Benn

Suleiman Ben?

• Man

• Myth

• Legend

• Curry goat

Results are only viewable after voting.

cnerd123

likes this
He's one of the best examples of that thing where a decent player has personality issues, and people get on like if the personality issues were resolved they'd be good or great. But really they were only ever just decent.
I think he could have knocked 5 runs off his Test bowling average and played a lot more games had he had a better attitude and approach to cricket. Definitely underperformed relative to raw skills.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he could have knocked 5 runs off his Test bowling average and played a lot more games had he had a better attitude and approach to cricket. Definitely underperformed relative to raw skills.
Averaging 34? That would be Harbhajan Singh or Daniel Vettori level. Not impossible, but feels like a push IMO.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I loved watching him bowl and thought he'd develop into a nightmarish bowler for the right handers with his left arm advantage, height and high release point. But ended up being an underachiever IMO.

Will also remember him for posting cheesy pics like this one on twitter:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did he have an attitude problem? Seems a down to earth bloke online.
I’m not sure how it happened but I watched his test debut with a guy who knew him. He said he was a really good guy but kind of like the one in your friend group who escalates things, especially with alcohol. He then rubbed up badly against some of his captains later in his career, refused to bowl over or around the wicket or something. Hardly makes him the worst guy in the world, but it’s fair to think it held his career back somewhat.

cnerd123

likes this
I definitely remember a few times where Benn lost his composure on the field and tried to bowl bouncers and ****. Fiery character, could have done with a cool experienced captain in his ear

thierry henry

International Coach
He's one of the best examples of that thing where a decent player has personality issues, and people get on like if the personality issues were resolved they'd be good or great. But really they were only ever just decent.
Jesse Ryder, best since Bradman if it wasn’t for the booze