• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stupid Ref

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
****ing ********, fifa can get ****ed, i know they hate australia but this world cup has been ****ed they have cheated us out of a quarter final, we did well to get this far anyway...
Yes, I mean if it weren't for the referee missing the Cahill foul in the first game, you'd have gone home after the first round.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Being frustrated by umpiring errors or cheating or the result of a sporting event or whatever isn't the same as jingoism or nationalism, now is it?
Except the penalty decision was by the letter of the law a correct decision.

Blaze

Banned
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Do you ever get sick of yourself? You win, England are better. Get over it.
What annoys me is that I can't put him on my ignore list because it says that he is an administrator...

Cloete

International Captain
Blaze said:
What annoys me is that I can't put him on my ignore list because it says that he is an administrator...
Yeah that's pretty annoying.

WIll have to ask James about this because, quite simply, Marc is a complete annoyance who has no administrative control at all.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Go easy on the guy. Surely there's nothing wrong with picking and choosing what possible decisions could have gone what way to make a team that deserved to go through the quarters look bad. Surely the couple of penalties that weren't given against Croatia, the whistle blowing as the ball left Aloisi's boot and two Japanese players consciously bundling Schwarzer out of the way don't count for anything. :unsure:

cricketboy29

International Regular
Tough tough luck you guys, I thought the way the aussies played until then was absolutely brillant, and you guys deserved extra time if not penalties to settle it. But I guess, you win some you lose some.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Yes, I mean if it weren't for the referee missing the Cahill foul in the first game, you'd have gone home after the first round.
How, exactly, do you know for certain that if the penalty was called Schwarzer wouldn't have saved it? Or the Japanese guy put it wide? Or, if they had scored, that Australia would get a goal back?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Sir Redman said:
How, exactly, do you know for certain that if the penalty was called Schwarzer wouldn't have saved it? Or the Japanese guy put it wide? Or, if they had scored, that Australia would get a goal back?
Because Marc can see into the future - as seen here with Merv!

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Can we please drop the "FIFA hate Australia" nonsense? If they hated Australia, a) you wouldn't have been allowed to play AFC, b) Cahill would have conceded a penalty against Japan, c) Materazzi wouldn't have been sent off.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Can we please drop the "FIFA hate Australia" nonsense? If they hated Australia, a) you wouldn't have been allowed to play AFC, b) Cahill would have conceded a penalty against Japan, c) Materazzi wouldn't have been sent off.
In a blaze of glory, Neil makes a red hot return.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
marc71178 said:
To my knowledge, 3 is still > 2.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yes but wasn't it 2-1 or maybe even 1-1 when Cahill commited the foul? Would have made a huge difference at that point in the game, and it's stupid to assume that Australia would have still scored the same goals if the course of the game had been altered.