• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Just joined this game yesterday and recruited a player through the scout thing.

I have no idea if this guy is a beast or if he's unusable given how weirdly his bowling stats are allocated.
Excellent to have a new stumper...

He is a decent opening bowler. Sort of player you want on moist pitch to give you 6 or 7 up front. Not bad batting stats either for a bowler. Type of player you definitely hold on to as a new player.

If you want any advice just ask. Please read the help (still use it after 2 years!). And if you go into the forum the rosewarne' guide is still very very good. https://www.stumpedgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=525

Just be warned this game is a long slog... been at it two years now (real time!)and just getting a decent team together... kinda...

MrPrez

International Debutant
Excellent to have a new stumper...

He is a decent opening bowler. Sort of player you want on moist pitch to give you 6 or 7 up front. Not bad batting stats either for a bowler. Type of player you definitely hold on to as a new player.

If you want any advice just ask. Please read the help (still use it after 2 years!). And if you go into the forum the rosewarne' guide is still very very good. https://www.stumpedgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=525

Just be warned this game is a long slog... been at it two years now (real time!)and just getting a decent team together... kinda...
Cheers.

Used to play a ton of Battrick so I've got a basic idea of how these sorts of games work.

Will be useful to use the guides for more game-specific things like efficient training methods, optimal tactics etc.

ataraxia

International Coach
MrPrez is back!

40 potential isn't much tbh – you should be able to get bowlers who are a bit better fairly easily, on the market or through scouts. Albon is still a perfectly developable player though. My personal opinion is that unbalanced bowling distribution is good, but others disagree. Basically, this guy will be very good for 8 overs up top in ODs, but a bit crap in T20s (the lesser format!).

ataraxia

International Coach
I think this is the most important thing for a new player to know:

Give your high-potential, low-skill youngsters plenty of competitive game time. Coaching is only an addition to in-game training (IGT), so play your good ones twice a week.

MrPrez

International Debutant
That's great to know.

Its been a while, but if I remember right, Battrick in-game matches only improved experience - it didn't affect skills development at all!

Regarding the potential, I just saw the 20 accuracy and thought that must be pretty rare. But now that I'm reading the guide, I'm getting better context regarding how to grade players.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
40 potential isn't much tbh – you should be able to get bowlers who are a bit better fairly easily, on the market or through scouts. Albon is still a perfectly developable player though. My personal opinion is that unbalanced bowling distribution is good, but others disagree. Basically, this guy will be very good for 8 overs up top in ODs, but a bit crap in T20s (the lesser format!).
I am still interested to see how Hunt will go for TMOs long term... obviously his secondary skills are excellent, but I so want to see what he does when he is 15/15 in Acc/Mov...

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’d pay good money for that trainee as I think there’s a bit of a money all aspect and players like that are drastically undervalued.

My best performers are Khattak and Azam both of whom are ‘unevenly’ distributed. Acc and SS are king.

id much rather a 20/16/4 as a bowler than a 12/15/17

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After being relegated last season, GG CC are now in DIV 3.5.

And guess what? They rollicked to a thumping win over Supergiants.

Alex Xenos with 5/19
Peter Sutherland made 59*(44) and Bram Human made 37*(27)

Last edited:

MrPrez

International Debutant
Btw does it matter which region I set my team up in?

I think I chose Asia (South African team though) based on time zone.

ataraxia

International Coach
Knock from Jupp. Still feeling pretty confident, yeah. In theory, this bats deep although the Roopak / Sellamuttu combo I used for 10 overs (and intend to in the future, even on dry pitches) is still very raw with bat.

As an aside, – I think right before he gets run out – Zac Chambers seems to work as a OD opener a disproportionate amount of time. I've underestimated the power of an aggressive opener in the long format.