• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Been a bit in and out of Stumped in past days (just going to get my weekly scout players now) - if anyone wants to run CWC8 be my guest. If not, I'll set up competition next week but in the meantime can teams confirm if they want to take part and also give any suggestions of a format that they would like

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to Stephen and his Orangutans for winning the DEV Cup. Even more kudos for his up front prediction. I think 10 of the Orangutans were tameable by the Geese but Levy was a cut above - he carried his bat for 133 off 104 balls whilst his teammates hunkered down and nurdled around him.

Geese gave a reasonable account of themselves, the more we keep winning it seems the lower in the WR we go! We are down in the 160s now!
Good way to end Levy and Davidson (even though Davidson missed the finals) development careers. Unexpected win.

Levy did feel a little bit of H4X in development. For how poorly the TMOs are doing, Levy is also the highest run scorer in the SOD 2 division. So it felt sometimes like picking you big brother to help win in the u9 division... just not fair.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TMOs and TNT in for next comp.
Been a bit in and out of Stumped in past days (just going to get my weekly scout players now) - if anyone wants to run CWC8 be my guest. If not, I'll set up competition next week but in the meantime can teams confirm if they want to take part and also give any suggestions of a format that they would like
Are we doing another full development comp? Or we gonna do a T20 competition?

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Teams entered so far

Winton CC
Charminster CC
ataraXIa
ataraX Wellington
GG CC
Moooo
Z*rax CC
Free HK
Ashgrove Astronauts
Plymouth Pirates
The Merry Orangutans
The Net Theorists

@Charlie B @Weatherwax

Also any ideas on format for T20 CWC8

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Selling for $6K
1678714072023.png

Selling for $230K
1678715409965.png

1 skill higher in batting, better keeping (Johannes dropped a point because I was not using his keeping), and obviously experience much higher... but Johannes cost $4K less per week, and does not have precocious and is obviously starting to lose skills quickly right as you buy him.... thus Neena is worth $220K more because of 20 vs 13 experience?!

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Won the toss, batting on a road. Bookies have us as slight favourites.

Hlengwa back down to 7.

Let's do this.