• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
Great performance from old Mooooite Wermelskircher though. These collapses seem to happen disproportionately, which I feel is a failing of the ME (otherwise pretty gun imo).

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite likely getting relegated on NRR.

Hopefully The Tonkers go for the unbeaten season and don't throw the game for DEV experience or something.

What's my best chance of getting a losing BP?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Don't like any of them honestly... I assume this is to try keep FHK Bangladeshi only?

Lai is ok, Stamina a bit low. Nice all-roundish player but I detest the Precocious ability... unless you just using for dev cricket only.
Harku is also ok, Stamina and fielding ok, not great, but think he would be a great wicket taking bowler in mid and later in the innings... remember #BQdoesNotMatter.
Hynala is the weakest for me, really nice fielding but the 10 stamina is a killer... I think you need better wicket taking abilities for a death bower in movement and/or variation.

My choice would be based on what the dev team needs now, but I would be looking at replacing all three sooner rather than later. 45+ bowlers are a dime a dozen at decent prices.

cnerd123

likes this
FHK is HG/ZCC rejects only and they're the best spin options our academy have produced lately. We've got Zakaria who is a 44 pot spinner, so need two to complement him

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
TNT are slowly becoming a truly excellent team... short a genuine allrounder and hoping I pick up another decent bat, but overall an excellent potential team.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TNT are slowly becoming a truly excellent team... short a genuine allrounder and hoping I pick up another decent bat, but overall an excellent potential team.
Home grown?

Three match series between them and PPs? SOD/T20/Dev?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Home grown?
By luck the bowling yes... not the batting. Van Zyl and Caldwell home grown. Rest of the batting are all well scouted on the market.

I thought about going the homegrown route but I just decided to try create the two best clubs I could create. Club philosophy is a bit different...

Three match series between them and PPs? SOD/T20/Dev?
Would be great. Happily accept any invitation sent.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Lost this game by 1 wicket.. its going to relegate me. I out rate him by a lot, across every field. My overall BQ was higher, one of my bowlers had a BQ of 8.5, it didn't really mean anything. His final partnership scored 27 runs off 16 balls, with no 11 scoring 25 from 11, smashing 3 6s.

I have not changed orders dramatically, same orders that have allowed me to beat marginally stronger teams but with my best players doing well... these same orders have lost me a number of games this season to much lower quality teams who basically just swing the batted and hope to get lucky, and in the end the rng wins. I truly hope that is not the way Stumped needs to be played because if I continue to find that, will probably stop playing altogether.

It might sound petty, but the rng of the system is out of wack if this is normal, and the relegation costing so much in what is a financial management game makes me wonder why I would continue playing.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
All on the bat of Levy for the TMOs.
Congrats to Stephen and his Orangutans for winning the DEV Cup. Even more kudos for his up front prediction. I think 10 of the Orangutans were tameable by the Geese but Levy was a cut above - he carried his bat for 133 off 104 balls whilst his teammates hunkered down and nurdled around him.

Geese gave a reasonable account of themselves, the more we keep winning it seems the lower in the WR we go! We are down in the 160s now!