• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
Apparently IGT is capped at approx 2 games worth. I think you can get some benefit from the third game depending on how far away a player is from their potentials, most managers will try to get 3 games of IGT in anyways if fitness/opposition allows for it, but the gains from a third game in a week are minimal.

Also all overs/innings aren't the same. IIRC the order is Dev > SOD > T20 in terms of amount of training gained. So SOD+ T20 is less than Dev + T20 which in turn is less than Dev + SOD. I don't think the details or exact amounts have ever been confirmed, but I suspect playing SOD + T20 doesn't get you to that 2 game IGT cap but playing 1 Dev + 1 senior game does.

In terms of overs bowled, my understanding is bowling just 1 over (which means even just 1 ball, as a partial over is counted as a complete one) gets the player around 30% of the IGT available, and that it's diminishing returns from there on in. If you link this to the IGT cap, then it suggests you can either have a player bowl a couple of overs in all 3 games in a week, or bowl most of their overs in just 2 games, and you probably get around the same result.

Dev cricket is very important tho. I sometimes move my U21s out of it into the senior team, but if you can keep your U21s playing Dev cricket till they turn 22.

ataraxia

International Coach
AFAIK whether there is a two-game cap hasn't been confirmed by the DEVs. I rarely base who to give gametime on IGT specifics, just try to give players two games, three sometimes. Anyhow the third game is (unambiguously) useful for experience.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Dev cricket is very important tho. I sometimes move my U21s out of it into the senior team, but if you can keep your U21s playing Dev cricket till they turn 22.
I was not aware that Dev gave better IGT than SOD... I assume this is for basic skills because in the help section it specifically talks about experience being effected by length of game, I also thought this may effect stamina but unsure.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Tough match for @ataraxia today. Had TMOs in trouble early, only a tough 80 knock from Thundayal and a lower order fight back got the team to a respectable 265. AtaraXIa had a tough start to the innings with an early run out and some unlucky wickets (including a hit wicket for Frost) that resulted in an impossible chase.

Thanks for the game @ataraxia. That takes the rivalry back to a 50/50 shared...

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
It's ok to give the 3rd game to someone of course but not at the expense of meaning someone else doesn't get two matches in the week which is likely to be the case if you have a squad size of a certain number. You basically run around robbing Peter to pay Paul all the time.

In essence you have 3 games a week so 33 slots - if everyone ONLY played 2 games a week AND (a big and) managed always to bat and always to bowl their full overs (very unlikely ) then 33 /2 = 16.5 players are going to get their 2 games. Older players can maybe get away with less than 2 matches a week so that your players under 22 do get 2 or 3 games BUT that will be at the expense of hastening the decline of the older players by not giving them game time - so you are always trying to balance the ying and the yang then add into the equation on top of that - who gets the nets - and which nets!! That's the fun of it and I take my hat off to the Developers for making such a fiendish bit of maths and largely keeping an element of mystery about it!

If you are running a squad of 22 and they are getting equal match slots then they are only playing 1.5 games a week. Actual IGT benefit is even less as they may not get to bat every time and they certainly will never match on match bowl their full quota of overs so the reality is that 1.5 matches may become 1 . You can give less matches a week to the verterans (though hastening their decline) - if you try to bring on too many DEV players at once then you run the risk of not getting them to full potential as they all fall short with a lack of IGT and then after 6 years in your squad have to be sold for peanuts when they are not good enough for a senior slot and with unattractive actuals command minimal revenues in the TM

Last edited:

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
AFAIK whether there is a two-game cap hasn't been confirmed by the DEVs. I rarely base who to give game time on IGT specifics, just try to give players two games, three sometimes. Anyhow the third game is (unambiguously) useful for experience.
I'm not sure where it is but it has been said that in terms of batting you get the same IGT from facing 1 ball as you do from facing 300 (clearly though not the same drain on your fitness - it doesn't 'sit right' but that apparently is how it works)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lost a crucial game against the TMOs. GG’s batting wasn’t able to get to a target of 221.
The experiment of using the Human brothers as openers didn’t quite work out.

So I have the option of bringing back Bram’s regular partner, Ernst Levy…or new recruit from the TM, Keith Tindall (fresh outta Mooo CC)

This means that Robin Oxley or RDV gets the chop. RDV is on the TM tho, and I am more than happy with replacing him. He’s played his last game for GG CC

Now, the composition of the team will look something like this:

1. B. Human /
2. E. Levy /o
3. K. Tindall /
4. T. Watt /o
5. J. D souza /o
6. P. Sutherland /o
7. C. Human /o
8. A. Fouche +
9. A. Xenos o
10. B. Ijaz o
11. T. Nwayo o

On spinning wickets, Ismail replaces a fast bowler (Ijaz or Xenos). Nwayo is top shelf and young af, so he’ll still have one of the speedsters in the XI guiding him. Mentorship kinda thing.

Oxley can replace either Tindall or Cornelius Human because there’s enough bowling to go with…

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Lost a crucial game against the TMOs. GG’s batting wasn’t able to get to a target of 221.
The experiment of using the Human brothers as openers didn’t quite work out.
It was a tough game... felt that the TMOs were 20 or 30 runs short but Burger did his job at the top and de Klerk did his job later in the innings on a worn pitch.

Currently a strong TMO DEV team is putting on a big score against Schmaltzberg @Magrat Garlick... need all the runs they can get because outside Burger and Passmore think the bowling is a touch weak.