• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

cnerd123

likes this
(His econ was only 5 - less horrid but still a bit high!) Looking at the GG game, here's my advice.

He was bowling three spells - with 15 stamina that can comfortably be condensed down to two spells. Just looking at his skill distribution, that should probably be one spell late powerplay (first/second change) and one spell at the death. I think his spells were generally too early also; variation-inclined bowlers do seem to leak runs bowling too early so there's that. As to the incredible lack of wickets, eh luck?

For the BQ explanation, 9 out of 10 overs Samps was bowling directly after Chester or Ahsan, who both had BQs lower, in the 5s. The lack of pressure through these bad balls meant Ramalingam could get taken to, in the Stumped world. Unlucky there I reckon - but have a look at your orders, splice them up and test them, and see if he records better figures (even though #FiguresDoNotMatter)

Good game for Halliday I see, not required to bat and drops two catches: one a dolly, one off Sutherland on 24!
Yea I suspect a lot of the same. I'd avoid him in the powerplay but I don't have any other options.

Maybe it's worth tossing him the new ball instead and seeing how that goes.

ataraxia

International Coach
Give Bashir at least 4 up top, probably 5. Chester should bowl powerplay also (I'd be wary of bowling him too late more than too early). IMO Ramalingam's fine there but there are (there are!) better options.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm really concerned about Chester on a high moisture pitch tho. Bashir's low acc and stamina makes that 4th over a gamble too.

Missing a player like Bikswing who could reliably hold up an end for 7 overs in the first 20

ataraxia

International Coach
IMO Bashir's stamina's perfectly fine for 4 overs FWIW; he wouldn't start to get tired until the end of his 5th I reckon. Agreed re high moisture pitches, but thankfully most pitches aren't!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I understand what the purpose might/could/should be of 'the big average makes a difference
, but it seems to have turned into a one man crusade which is going to provide a slothful speed of data accumulation - has it been going 3 years and not yet reported a summary of its conclusions or even some sort of interim thoughts?? a curious turn of events

Last edited:

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I'm really concerned about Chester on a high moisture pitch tho. Bashir's low acc and stamina makes that 4th over a gamble too.

Missing a player like Bikswing who could reliably hold up an end for 7 overs in the first 20
Is the hope that Declan Hayes becomes that player? A necessary sale for us, was going to only get the odd game with others ahead of him in pecking order but think he could become a very good option

cnerd123

likes this
Is the hope that Declan Hayes becomes that player? A necessary sale for us, was going to only get the odd game with others ahead of him in pecking order but think he could become a very good option
He's just a Dev filler atm haha. Bit of an upgrade on Kasun Pullenayagam with the ball, and at 17 I have time to build him up with overs in Div 3.

More of a death bowler as well tbh. Not sure he'll get a gig in the senior side after turning 21, but hopefully he'll do a good job for us in Dev cricket. Hopefully we get him cheap.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I understand what the purpose might/could/should be of 'the big average makes a difference
, but it seems to have turned into a one man crusade which is going to provide a slothful speed of data accumulation - has it been going 3 years and not yet reported a summary of its conclusions or even some sort of interim thoughts?? a curious turn of events
I actually love it… the occasional comment confirms the frustration we all feel.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
I actually love it… the occasional comment confirms the frustration we all feel.
It seems like one of those classic 60's Star Trek episodes - Kirk beams down to the planet and finds it is being controlled by a 1,000 year old computer , that has malfunctioned , got stuck in a loop and therefore doesn't fully complete the cycle of tasks it was originally given!

ataraxia

International Coach
Last season AXI's expert preview dropped 3K on the touch update; this season it has risen 3K! Didn't realise how volatile it could be on a whole-team-level. Anyway, meme Nick Smith (despite no 20 touch any further) struck at 245 to ease home a chase against ZCC. A great Winton-Smith partnership again.

cnerd123

likes this
Lots of tough questions being asked at ZCC after a Nick Smith assault on our bowlers vs AXI, and our batting imploding vs FHK.

The FHK vs TMO game was great. Brilliant innings by Saqlain Musa, good new purchase for TMO!

ZCC will rest Shahbaz Furqan for the upcoming friendlies. Gonna try our Dev bowlers in the Senior setup and see how they go - I think we have enough batting depth with Ghani, Bashir and Chester. Pressure now on Ed Halliday and Abdul Younis to provide consistent value with the bat.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Hopefully a sign of things to come with this rebuild but 16 pops from my squad of 12 (11 ignoring youth pull I've listed) at Charminster

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Wages changed today... went from having 1 player having a weekly wage over 10K (recently bought Musa) to 6... wage bill gonna get out of hand!